Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I really wish they would move the ballad up to the front, and have a mellophone do the solo. Just seems like a natural fit.

that said, after seeing BD, I think this is another Bluecoats year. This score just smokes and you know they will change the ending around Nashville as they did last year (can't wait, I will be on the 15th row). 

I love the BD ballad, and so much of their book, but I don't get a total picture vibe from this show as I have the last few. 

Crown, don't see them contending with vocals being so central to their show.

BD's show is particularly barebones to start the season this year. I can't imagine it not getting more complex as the season goes on

Bloo, however, similar with Tilt, have come out with a very complete product that will just require refinements and fine tuning 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

BD's show is particularly barebones to start the season this year. I can't imagine it not getting more complex as the season goes on

Bloo, however, similar with Tilt, have come out with a very complete product that will just require refinements and fine tuning 

Maybe it's just not seeing it live, but BD's guard seems like it's not in the same league as their last four shows. 

16 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

If anything its sort of a science experiment of which works better in DCI.  Clean at the beginning or a slow builder, show be nice to watch!

Just now, BoaDci said:

If anything its sort of a science experiment of which works better in DCI.  Clean at the beginning or a slow builder, show be nice to watch!

Bluecoats certainly aren't clean, but the product they have already means they can spend more time cleaning rather than adding. 

I think BD is the cleaner of the two corps right now but they have a less polished product as of now 

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Bluecoats certainly aren't clean, but the product they have already means they can spend more time cleaning rather than adding. 

I think BD is the cleaner of the two corps right now but they have a less polished product as of now 

I think BD's has more potential, but the big question is if they will reach the potential.

I think Bloo's has less depth, but it's reached it full potential and will only be refined.

To me, the big question is how far can BD take this.  

Edited by BoaDci
themadtrumpet

3 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

I have a feeling Gold and Silver will both go to California corps this year. 

• Like 1

Just watched the live stream from Californistan...

SCV wins high brass and high drums and high guard.  Curious to know the last time SCV beat BD in brass?  

Mandarins beat Academy.  

Interesting evening!

Go Bloooo.  Think we get our first 5 judge panel tonight in Hamilton.

• Like 1

Great audio on this clip - 4:34-4:55  is slaying me. The writing and playing are top notch once again This is a pretty chunky Rarick book, like the Thrower book, some great full ensemble passages this year.

After seeing DCI West, I have to say, never have I been more excited about the direction of Bloo. We are so lucky to have a design team that puts on the shows they do.

Also, it is apparent that some corps (ahem) have been way over-hyped. I just don't see anyone beating Bloo's show this year, at least for me. It's a pretty amazing thing to have your favorite show, 3 years in a row, be your alumni corps. Very thankful to the DCI Gods. :)

• Like 9