Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

On 6/24/2017 at 1:29 PM, oldbandguy said:

Just to make sure everyone knows....the closer is not just "Zomby Woff".  The final 1:20 or so goes, seamlessly, back into "Psychopomp" including the very cool trumpet duet.  When Thank You Scientist saw this the guitar player freaked out and said "I was wondering how and if they were going to handle that part of the song?"  He said it was awesome.

Seriously,,,I CAN NOT stop listening/watching this!!! OMG..so fantastic!! Maybe some of the best 2:00+ minutes of drum corps I have experienced (I am Bloo biased) in the past several years!!! Can't wait to see you Tuesday for Innovations in Brass, Pittsburgh :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I didn't know Walter White was a Bluecoat!

"I am the one who... rocks!"

A significant portion of tonight's ensemble focused on the beginning of Psychopomp ... fixing the ensemble phasing issues (octet / front ensemble) through the opening hit.

Tempos were reinforced, and general cleaning though the whole show. 

Tonight's run was by far the best run yet. The euph solo was much improved and the phasing issue is much cleaner.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

A significant portion of tonight's ensemble focused on the beginning of Psychopomp ... fixing the ensemble phasing issues (octet / front ensemble) through a he opening hit.

Tonight's run was by far the best run yet. The euph solo was much improved and the phasing issue is much cleaner.

I really wish they would move the ballad up to the front, and have a mellophone do the solo. Just seems like a natural fit.

that said, after seeing BD, I think this is another Bluecoats year. This score just smokes and you know they will change the ending around Nashville as they did last year (can't wait, I will be on the 15th row). 

I love the BD ballad, and so much of their book, but I don't get a total picture vibe from this show as I have the last few. 

Crown, don't see them contending with vocals being so central to their show.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I really wish they would move the ballad up to the front, and have a mellophone do the solo. Just seems like a natural fit.

that said, after seeing BD, I think this is another Bluecoats year. This score just smokes and you know they will change the ending around Nashville as they did last year (can't wait, I will be on the 15th row). 

If ever there was an ending that DOES NOT need to be changed mid season or end of season it is Bluecoats '17 :1_grinning:

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

A significant portion of tonight's ensemble focused on the beginning of Psychopomp ... fixing the ensemble phasing issues (octet / front ensemble) through a he opening hit.

Can you record the ensemble tommorrow for the rest of us? :)

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

If ever there was an ending that DOES NOT need to be changed mid season or end of season it is Bluecoats '17 :1_grinning:

Dunno...have to see them live before I make that call. It's quite a ride, for sure.