Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

40 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Yes, along with the electric guitar patch she is manually operating a "waa-waa" pedal, just like the guitarist with Thank You Scientist.  Pretty cool AND authentic.

I'm glad I have very close up seats so I can watch for this!

• Like 2

KEEP CLIMBING BLOO!

• Like 5

Someone help with this show's ballad....I love everything in this show but only like the ballad.  I cannot find anything wrong performance wise with it and it is very pretty but it really does nothing for me.  I am waiting for an emotional moment that is never delivered, is it better experienced live versus online recordings?  Right now it is holding this show back from the GE scores BC was achieving last year.

Current closing is a bit the same but I'm assuming that is a stand in for now.

7 hours ago, Sideways said:

Someone help with this show's ballad....I love everything in this show but only like the ballad.  I cannot find anything wrong performance wise with it and it is very pretty but it really does nothing for me.  I am waiting for an emotional moment that is never delivered, is it better experienced live versus online recordings?  Right now it is holding this show back from the GE scores BC was achieving last year.

Current closing is a bit the same but I'm assuming that is a stand in for now.

The ballad is definitely one of those "you need to experience this live" moments. When everything clicks, it can bring you to tears. It just needs to be nailed to get the goosebumps.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sideways said:

If you haven't done so yet, watch the LIVE version of "Grow til Tall" by Jonsi...took me a few views/listens to fully appreciate what a really wonderful composition/performance it is.  The slow dramatic and emotional build in the original is "worth the wait."  Coats are really starting to do an awesome job with this piece and it is exactly the contrast needed with the high energy frenzy of the rest of the program.  (And they don't have the luxury of 10 minutes that Jonsi had, making what they're going to achieve even more remarkable.)

In the end...I think it will be this ballad that the GE judges are going to appreciate the most.  I've seen nothing else like it before on a marching field...good things come to those who wait!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Huh I have the exact opposite feeling. Hope they use it on both, it sounds really annoying as is. 

From Reddit: "Both have pedals. Rachel's has the 'wah' effect on it, Alan's is a sustain pedal."

• Like 3

I really enjoy this entire show more than last year (especially music), but I'm worried for Bloo's chances at a repeat if they don't start really cleaning. They can't afford to be visually dirty or musically loose like last year because their GE buffer is going to be a lot smaller if they can maintain it's momentum now. 

There is a change coming to the percussion feature "One Study." I imagine it will be in at Denver.

5 hours ago, cowtown said:

I’m curious as to whats left for this show as it seems so complete. I’m sure they have something in the tank other than just a new ending, I hope

I believe a new ending is on order -- 

• Like 1