Best military/patriotic shows

Not at all...but it does qualify you to be a 3rd string quarterback with the 49ers.

Hah. I for one support Colin Kaepernick. The brave people who defend our country are fighting for people's right to stand during the national anthem OR the right to NOT stand during the national anthem.

But I digress :)

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

Interesting (and probably very understandable) that both Boston and Cadets performed such Americana-themed shows in 2002 as this was the year following 911 and these two corps were the closest to the attacks.

Still think Bluecoats 2013 show is the freshest and most unique take on an America show. Every day that passes since 2013 I appreciate that one more and more, none of the cliches and modern. And I think that was a stepping stone into 2014.

Watching this show again, wow. Also, I am so glad someone did part of Stravinsky's Ebony concerto

• Like 1

I know it may be to much bitd and this is a DCI forum but Yankee Rebels 69 Requiem just blew me away. One of my favorite shows ever. Classic Truman Crawford charts. MikeD might remember.

Honorable mention to Cadets in 71. People today can't imagine what courage it took to use a peace symbol in a show in that year.

Mike did Tony "hicup" Schlecter threaten the corp with a substantial penalty for using a peace symbol? I believe he did.

Imagine being threatened by peace. Sad, how very, very sad.

George "Peace is our business, ex Strategic Air Command Jet Engine Tech, 376th Strategic Wing" Setzer

Edited by Bucbari

I know it may be to much bitd and this is a DCI forum but Yankee Rebels 69 Requiem just blew me away. One of my favorite shows ever. Classic Truman Crawford charts. MikeD might remember.

Honorable mention to Cadets in 71. People today can't imagine what courage it took to use a peace symbol in a show in that year.

Mike did Tony "hicup" Schlecter threaten the corp with a substantial penalty for using a peace symbol? I believe he did.

Imagine being threatened by peace. Sad, how very, very sad.

George "Peace is our business, ex Strategic Air Command Jet Engine Tech, 376th Strategic Wing" Setzer

That was a great Yankee/Rebel show. I saw it only once.

We got a LOT more "stuff" from Tony "hic" Schlechta in 1970, the first year we did the Peace Sign, to "White Rabbit".

Not sure about the penalty talk, but he very vocally stated that we did not belong on the competition field in Miami. A couple of older judges may have dumped us a bit, but who knows on that? We ended up 10th at finals, in the same score ballpark as Blue Rock, Argonne and 27th, which was pretty much where we were in other shows.

The thing I still recall about VFW finals in 70 was that when we set the Peace Sign and moved to the stands, the Orange Bowl just exploded with flashes as the VFW members who packed the home stands took photos.

r.

True... as well as what" the courage" it took to wear another uniform, while confronted with another in uniform, who had a real rifle, with real bullets, and was firing it back at you.... but you fought it off, so that other 21 year olders your age could be protected with the blood soaked won rights to march around a football field in their summers in their marching unit with fake wooden rifles and with " their courage " to display a peace symbol on the field .... or " the courage " to become a multi millionaire in America, but then not stand up for a pre game football game ceremony to honor the flag of the Country that gave you the opportunity to become as successful as you became..( Just sayin' for proper balance here on this, thats all.)

Edited by BRASSO

Interesting (and probably very understandable) that both Boston and Cadets performed such Americana-themed shows in 2002 as this was the year following 911 and these two corps were the closest to the attacks.

There were quite a few American/urban themed shows that year. BD's Jazz show and the Bluecoats' city show were two. Any others?