Cone of silence

9 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I hear ya. I didn't march in 1970s because I couldn't afford not to work summers. Now, however, the age and some greater flexibility in time and resources mean I can recharge my interest in drum corps. And I possibly have some professional experiences that matter. But yeah, there is a bit of who am I to volunteer when I can't tell war stories from the 1979 tour.

By volunteering, you become that listening ear of opportunity that allows the other volunteers and alums to spout those stories of BITD. You become the bridge builder and conduit for the MMs to bond with those alums who might be distracted from the many chores at hand while they share the experiences for which the MMs are so eager and the alums so well relish. You become the instrument for the corps' history past to come alive to the present corps and to become born again for those who previously lived it. You serve an important role for the corps' future as you also experience phenomenal people, young and old, and help build great memories for MMs and audiences alike.

You, sir, have a lot to give. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xandandl said:

By volunteering, you become that listening ear of opportunity that allows the other volunteers and alums to spout those stories of BITD. You become the bridge builder and conduit for the MMs to bond with those alums who might be distracted from the many chores at hand while they share the experiences for which the MMs are so eager and the alums so well relish. You become the instrument for the corps' history past to come alive to the present corps and to become born again for those who previously lived it. You serve an important role for the corps' future as you also experience phenomenal people, young and old, and help build great memories for MMs and audiences alike.

You, sir, have a lot to give. 

Thanks for the nice thoughts, xandandl. I'll think more seriously about jumping in. Madison's camp at Trafalgar is only about 45 minutes away.

48 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well, he just about covered it. We can close this thread now. :thumbs-up:

Bluecoats have had their show released for a long time now.  On their website it says the show is titled "Coming Soon".  Im really excited to see how they pull it off.

http://bluecoats.com/2017-program/

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Bluecoats have had their show released for a long time now.  On their website it says the show is titled "Coming Soon".  Im really excited to see how they pull it off.

For a second, I thought that was the actual show name. :laughing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Bluecoats  2017 theme won't be named " Coming Soon " as the name itself would provide more private giggles around the office water coolers, and college campuses than the Cadets early naming of " Stoned " for their 2016 show.(....haha )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Bluecoats  2017 theme won't be named " Coming Soon " as the name itself would provide more giggles around the office water coolers, and college campuses than the Cadets early naming of " Stoned " for their 2016 show.(....haha )

I still dont know how GH didnt see that coming.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

. SoI still dont know how GH didnt see that coming.

Its inconceivable that GH did not know the double entendre of " Stoned ". He knew. It was controversial,( and that's him) and that's why he initially selected the theme name. My guess, he heard the giggles reaction, then decided he did not want his MM's saddled with that all summer long. So in retrospect, upon further reflection with it, he decided to srcap his initial choice for the show name. I'm just guessing that's maybe why he changed the name too, of course.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1