DCI West is the Best - June 25, 2017

I dont dislike BDs show, which is a plus. I enjoy it, but it doesn't wow me. The performance level did wow me though. Come August things will hopefully be tight in the top 4, although slotting usually takes over well before then. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DasTuba said:

this is by far the least I've disliked an early season BD show in quite some time.

How nice of you to say that 

:lle:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kevin. said:

Agree- don't think Crown will break in this year with their design. Those are three great shows. 

Cavies and Crown wil have their own battle.

3 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Drill isnt done yet.  BD 2016 member on Reddit says its in an "experimental" phase and will change alot by August.  Hopefully that change includes a harder drill program.

"Harder Drill" doesn't win visual captions anymore.  Not in today's DCI.  Can it be an ingredient?  Sure.  But it isn't nearly as important as it used to be.

More important is the overall visual design and integration.

Anyway, my thoughts on this one are that it is a musical beast that I'm going to love listening to  on mp3 for years to come!

The visual design is merely "good" though.  It's going to need a make-over or two.

Feels like a 2-horse race at this juncture: BD and Bloo, with SCV and Crown next.

• Like 5

Just now, DrumManTx said:

SCV needs time to get traction on the show IMO.  

Plus let's not forget they just stood in place the last 45 seconds the other night...

Edited by Treefidy

Just now, Kevin. said:

Agree- don't think Crown will break in this year with their design. Those are three great shows. 

Crown could. But they're too far behind design-wise, even this early on I think. 

BD's brass is so seasoned and musical.  Give them 2 or 3 weeks and they will make CC's playing sound like pedagogy exercises.  Notes for the sake of notes.

It will definitely be a dog race for first place this year.  Never underestimate the Blue Devils.

Edited by war eagle
  • Like 3