DCI West is the Best - June 25, 2017

BD wow! Go SCV Alum!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mboogey73 said:

Visual aspects of show definitely need work. There's very few actually drill sets the last 2/3rds of the show. I'm sure they're place holders until they can finish the drill. 

Well said. Their brass is just absurd, no one does that single wall of sound like BD. The ballad is flat out show stopping amazing.

The drill design itself seemed undefined and not purposeful. Why the stairs? Don't think they really added anything to the concept at all. 

You don't count out BD because their chops are so amazing across the board. Just feel a little disappointed by the concept. I was expecting something a lot more...focused? Don't know. This may be the year SCV finishes ahead of BD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

I just need to see it live next week to be sure!!!

me too

I've seen almost every BD since 1982

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I'll put BD in pretty simple terms.  That is EASILY to corps to beat right now.  I don't think that's the show to beat right now.  

That's pretty much where I'm at.  I think Bloo has a better design, but BD is performing theirs better right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Well said. Their brass is just absurd, no one does that single wall of sound like BD. The ballad is flat out show stopping amazing.

The drill design itself seemed undefined and not purposeful. Why the stairs? Don't think they really added anything to the concept at all. 

You don't count out BD because their chops are so amazing across the board. Just feel a little disappointed by the concept. I was expecting something a lot more...focused? Don't know. This may be the year SCV finishes ahead of BD.

Yeah, don't know what the stairs are for. Almost like they just picked stairs to put something out there.

I'll keep the faith they'll work it out.