Muncie Madness - June 30, 2017

36 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Have you used or heard of the Dark Sky app on iPhone? Any opinion on it?

I tried Dark Sky for Android. It's ok, but sometimes the current weather conditions don't refresh.

48 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Listening to modern day Drum Corps in a standstill is better than nothing... but without the visuals/guard and the full show on the field, its just marginally better than nothing, imo... that said, I'll tune in on Flo.

Better standstill than nothing.  The Tanglewood concert the past few years were pretty cool.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, FaustianMachine said:

For these types of performances, do the corps still keep the electronics in, or are we in for just brass/percussion/pit show runs? 

More than likely no electronics or pit either, just brass and percussion battery.

Edited by CubFan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Northern Thunder said:

The fact that this show will now be held in an "intimate" setting reminds me of the sign Spirit of Atlanta used to have on their podium during the late 1970s/early 1980s:

Caution-High Intensity Noise-Hearing Protection Required

Not only do I remember that sign, but I could tell you where it came from and who "procured" it, but I won't because I'm not sure if the statute of limitations has expired under Tennessee law. :)

2 minutes ago, oldsoprano said:

Not only do I remember that sign, but I could tell you where it came from and who "procured" it, but I won't because I'm not sure if the statute of limitations has expired under Tennessee law. :)

you should be ok!

These time limits are called the "statute of limitations," which also apply to civil cases (see Time Limits to Bring a Case: The Statute of Limitations to learn more). This article focuses on the criminal statute of limitations in Tennessee, which range anywhere from 12 months to 15 years, depending the type of crime.

https://www.google.com/search?q=statute+of+limitations+tennessee&oq=statue+of+limititions+ten&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.12974j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

quote: "I wish I could take everyone in a time machine back to that period to listen to Spirit.  "That sound!  That sound!  That's ... PERFECTION!" gushed brass GE judge Lloyd Pesceola on his tape."

I so remember the judge's tape that you are talking about - 1979 prelims or finals, I believe it was. And of course, Lloyd joined Spirit's horn staff the following season. He was very badly injured in the van wreck that took Jim Ott's life the night before the 1980 Memphis show.

Edited by oldsoprano