Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

9 minutes ago, Polonius said:

The flo let me down the other night in Lynn - I think they had a piddly uplink from the site - I was getting buffering and was not able to stream in HD - I was disappointed - 
hopefully it will be top notch from Minnie -  one would think that the network would be pretty good from an R1 research institution - 

Guess I was lucky.. I had no buffering issues at all from the show. ( one show, the audio went out on the Crossmen, but came right back after a few seconds ). Hopefully, your reception at Minny will be better for you.

Don't be surprised if the Flomarching telecast of the Crossmen gets messed up.  Here's my season history so far:

• Try to watch Crossmen in movie theater:  theater forgets to turn on the stream until 2/3rds through their show
  • Try to see them live in Allentown:  show rained out
  • Sign up for subscription just before Beanpot:  Sound problems during beginning of Crossmen show.
  • Minnesota?  We'll see what happens this time.

21 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Well I already know of one corps who has done some changes/rewrites.   This is gonna be exciting.  First big-ish East meets West showdown!   

actually no,  SCV & Phantom meet Bluecoats tonight in Rockford for the first east meets west meetup

1 hour ago, Polonius said:

curious: have folks noticed ticket scalpers on the street outside of the stadium at DCI Minnesota? I would really like to get a face value ticket instead of paying all the jacked up fees and ect --

I'm always in the stadium from the start, and I haven't noticed any scalpers there at that time.

They would probably show up a bit before the World Class block begins.

SCV v Bloo: My top 2 personal favorites this summer so far. Both shows have great design and are working well to be highly engaging from beginning to end. To my eye/ear Bloo has a higher demand package in some key areas and are executing it better overall at the moment. Timing and environmental demand plus the relentless combo of athleticism and dance/body movement exposure throughout the bloo viz book will be tough for anyone to top this year imo. Vanguard has a good bit of body demand but they have less depth in their movement vocabulary and don't quite yet have the dimension of personality and character (emotional connection/projection) in their performance at the level of bloo's Fosse/silent movie stylistic vocabulary.  SCV would need to out GE or out perc/brass/CG caption them to win and that would take a performance a bit beyond where I think SCV is at the moment. The judges may see things differently but my guess is Bloo up by between 1-2 points at this time.

• Like 5

Very interested in how the top 2 percussion ensembles from '16 match up on their first head to head meetings. I believe last year's margin for the Sanford was .05 so any prediction I could make would be pure guesswork.

• Like 1

Bump for show tomorrow.

who comes out in top? This is posted prior to the Rockford results...

It's show day!!!