DCI South Florida - July 10th

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

One of the many great storylines this year!

Crossmen/Blue Stars

SOA/Colts/Troopers

Mandarins/Madison

Phantom/BK

BDB/SCVC

Music City/Legends

Bloo/BD

SCV/Crown

or if youd prefer...

SCV/BD/Crown/Bloo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Hoping for BAC continuing to rise and close the gap.  Here is my guess before BAC has a few days to work on the program with more layering/adds/mods.:

Cavaliers - 80.45

Cadets - 79.25

Boston - 78.30

Colts - 68.55

Spirit - 53.35

Jersey - 59.2

My disclaimer is that it is possible the scores from the other night were maybe 1.0 higher than they should have been.  Good luck to all.  This is a great year so far with a few surprises as well.

Hmmmm. So you think that Cavies and Cadets scores will jump .8, Boston's score will go up 1.3, Colts score will improve .9 and Surf will improve by 2.2 over the last show in Orlando. Oh, and Spirit's score will drop 12 points. Even if it was a typo and you meant to predict a 63.35 for Spirit, why would you think that everyone's scores would go up between .8 and 2.2 points and Spirit's would drop 2 points? Then you finish your post with "Good luck to all." Sure you didn't meant to say "Good luck to everyone except Spirit?"      :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madera Dons said:
7:30 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:40 p.m. Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ
7:57 p.m. Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
8:14 p.m. Colts - Dubuque, IA
8:31 p.m. Intermission
8:56 p.m. Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
9:13 p.m. The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
9:30 p.m. The Cadets - Allentown, PA
9:55 p.m. Scores Announced 

Just FYI...Boston steps off Jupiter at 8:41 pm tonight and not  8:56 pm.

It's an early launch time...haha

Which obviously means other show times are different as well...

This show in Jupiter favors the Cavaliers, imo.... this being a planets thing, and all. ( haha..)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Annual post for this show. I don't care if it's been overplayed in the marching arts, it's still a #### good piece.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

Hmmmm. So you think that Cavies and Cadets scores will jump .8, Boston's score will go up 1.3, Colts score will improve .9 and Surf will improve by 2.2 over the last show in Orlando. Oh, and Spirit's score will drop 12 points. Even if it was a typo and you meant to predict a 63.35 for Spirit, why would you think that everyone's scores would go up between .8 and 2.2 points and Spirit's would drop 2 points? Then you finish your post with "Good luck to all." Sure you didn't meant to say "Good luck to everyone except Spirit?"      :)

Yes Spirit was a typo.  Yes I think Boston might improve as noted, and the same with every other GUESS I made.  No I didn't mean to leave out Spirit but I meant their score would stay put.  Yes I think Surf may improve to be just under 60.  Still not gaining much though but there can be big gains with some cleaning.  Did I mention my guesses were just guesses?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

Just FYI...Boston steps off Jupiter at 8:41 pm tonight and not  8:56 pm.

It's an early launch time...haha

Which obviously means other show times are different as well...

If they step off Jupiter, is there any gravitational issue?

33 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Annual post for this show. I don't care if it's been overplayed in the marching arts, it's still a #### good piece.

It's just so fascinating that humans can produce music to convince your mind to imagine a place on which humans have never even stepped foot. I love this piece. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 5