The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

Great run by BStars tonight!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

A footnote to the Crossmen performance is that it's good to see them back to a full snare line.  I don't know if the new guy impacts their score, but it was great not to see a hole.

It's kind of amazing to me that they were able to get a drummer FULLY integrated into the show in that short of a time.  Brass wouldn't be so hard... fake it till you make it on the music side, nobody will notice you're not playing.  But a drummer? Much respect to them for getting up to speed that fast, especially given that rehearsal time is cut to less than half given travel and shows. Was he/she a former member?

This show has come a long way this season, their horn section is a totally different group than the beginning of the season. The show itself tries to be at a certain level that it's not, yet, but they are a terrific group.

• Like 1

Yeah baaaalue stars

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'm not really getting all the hate for this Blue Stars show.

Then again, I've seen 2 out of the 3 Baz Luhrmann films that this show is based on (Romeo & Juliet and The Great Gatsby... have yet to see Moulin Rouge, so I should probably get on that at some point).

Three great sections, held together by two extremely clunky transitions and nothing to tie them all together in the end.

8 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Other than the soloists, I thought it was the best run I've seen from the Crossmen.  The changes to the ending have increased the energy level of the ending.  The streamers, whether cliche or not, do bring some much needed color to the ending.  I had heard criticism that the old ending was colorless and hurting GE.

They hide all kinds of stuff in those props. Cabbage and all!

Glad I slept late this morning. Still awake for the next set of corps!