The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

Oh my what a short way SCV has to go. Not a major difference between BD & SCV

• Like 1

Wow!

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

I love both approaches. But I think BD goes overboard with the whole individualistic movements. This show seems cluttered and unfocused visually, and after sitting in the eighth row, I can tell you it is even more so live. If you are on the field as a judge you see a lot more and I guess read a lot more, but I think BD tries too hard to be theatrical in their execution at the expense of the overall impression. Last two years, I feel like they came back to the middle, but this year it has swayed back the other way. The middle id this show loses me...but I don't know hardly any of the drum corps and BD Easter eggs in the show.

I couldn't agree with you more

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrownedSantaPhantom said:

Actually, I was corrected on this last year. SCV 2013 now holds the best fourth place show ever with a 96.85, beating out Crown 2008's 96.8. Crown 2014 does still hold the best fifth place show ever though with Out of This World with a score of 95.675!

Yeah I know it doesn't hold the top score for a 4th place corps but I was meaning just personally it remains my top 4th place corps. That show holds a special place in my heart though. It's the one show that I thought was a terrible idea and would never work out when I found out about it in the spring and I couldn't have been more wrong when it came to life in the summer. Just the design of the show as a whole and getting 10 pieces of music to weave in and out of each other seamlessly was just crazy. The performance levels were also crazy good. Just a good show. 

• Like 3

.013!!!

In case you're wondering how small a margin that is, it's half the margin by which Phantom beat BD at Finals in 2008! WOW.