The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

2 minutes ago, ripchops said:

Can someone explain to me why a .013 margin is possible? And corps finishing with .x38 and .x88?

Percussion is usually the culprit. Half points in the subcaptions will do it since they go to the thousandth place on decimals now. Some people don't like the idea of those half points but percussion has gotten ridiculously competitive that it's very much needed. I personally think that, in percussion, the top 6 six corps are all as good as the top 3 corps from just 10 years ago, but that's my personal opinion.

• Like 1

I think the margin is actually .0125 but DCI's recaps just round it up to .013

• Like 2

Just now, Cappybara said:

I think the margin is actually .0125 but DCI's recaps just round it up to .013

that's correct

Great night for all the corps - can't wait for tomorrow night!

• Like 1

SCV has one more shot to get BD tomorrow night. If they don't they won't get another shot at my Devils until Buffalo. They perform different nights at Allentown. Do it up Devils!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

As of 2016, half-points are now allowed for subcaptions for those razor-thin flip-of-a-coin margins between evenly matched corps. The purpose is to avoid ties within subcaptions. This is why numbers now often end in .x38 or .x88 - it's supposed to be a rounding of .x375/.x875 to the nearest thousandth.

2 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Percussion is usually the culprit. Half points in the subcaptions will do it since they go to the thousandth place on decimals now. Some people don't like the idea of those half points but percussion has gotten ridiculously competitive that it's very much needed. I personally think that, in percussion, the top 6 six corps are all as good as the top 3 corps from just 10 years ago, but that's my personal opinion.

Ohh that makes much more sense now. Thank you for explaining!

• Like 1

Shout out to Phantom Regiment's young corps for beating Cadets and Blue Knights in brass tonight! Wow!

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, rrunyon1 said:

Oh my what a short way SCV has to go. Not a major difference between BD & SCV

That's assuming the BD sit on their assses and do nothing!

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4