DCI Eastern Classic – Saturday, August 4, 2018

1 minute ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Basically the guy on the panel, didn't catch the name, said that as an all male corps, the Cavaliers have something up their sleeve for finals week because the fact that they're all male means the staff can push them harder than normal

get a (unity) rope...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went and watched a crappy YT video of Cabaret Voltaire because of this conversation.  Man ... the ballad in that show was so good.  Love Satie.

7 minutes ago, Frollo said:

https://youtu.be/TN76fCg9IHI

posted from the DrumScorps app

Oh no, I'm well aware of what Conquest is. It's just that I somehow never noticed it in this year's show.

4 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Basically the guy on the panel, didn't catch the name, said that as an all male corps, the Cavaliers have something up their sleeve for finals week because the fact that they're all male means the staff can push them harder than normal

Yeah the staffs of those five co-ed corps ahead of them definitely don't push their corps as hard as Cavs' staff. Must be why they're scoring higher.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, quijeros said:

I bought the Stan Kenton City of Glass album because of that show. Some of it is hard to listen to (too much dissonance), but Incident in Jazz is such a cool chart.

I honestly wish corps would use dissonance more. It’s such a great contrasting effect but I feel like most designers are too scared to make it a major part of their show 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Beckham said:

Yeah the staffs of those five co-ed corps ahead of them definitely don't push their corps as hard as Cavs' staff. Must be why they're scoring higher.

yeah and that must be the reason Madison is doing so much worse than normal this year, they can't push them as hard as normal because they have a girl!

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Went and watched a crappy YT video of Cabaret Voltaire because of this conversation.  Man ... the ballad in that show was so good.  Love Satie.

My favorite part of the show is the closer. The trumpet solo reprise of the opener is so ominous sounding combined with the corps moving down the field playing dissonant chords, and then all of a sudden bam there’s a wall of sound 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

What the absolute ####? 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MusicalFrog said:

I find it impossible to not like Carolina Crown. They could do a show about grass and I would love it.

posted from the DrumScorps app

They have--2009  :biggrin:

• Like 3