DCI Eastern Classic – Saturday, August 4, 2018

2 minutes ago, quijeros said:

Just now, KVG_DC said:

wait. People are still just realizing the drill at the shots is the visual representation of the shots?  :spitting:

I'm pretty slow. :cry:

Believe it or not, I still haven't really heard the Conquest hits in the show. My mind was affixed on Morse code due to the theme. The fact that they're during that particular set and I never noticed makes me feel even stupider. Only reason I know that now is because others in this thread have mentioned it.

https://youtu.be/TN76fCg9IHI

posted from the DrumScorps app

21 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Cavaliers might finish seventh next week without some changes to the end of the show.

I'm rooting for Cavies to move up, but agree that the end needs to be fixed.  Just not working right now.

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 1

FLO FAN FAVORITE -- PACIFIC CREST!!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

I agree, except for the one with the mirrors.  That one was weird.

Through a Glass Darkly is one of my favorites as well. It certainly was weird, and I still don't quite understand it, but I just find myself in awe watching it. Such a balanced sounding hornline too

• Like 1

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

I'm rooting for Cavies to move it, but agree that the end needs to be fixed.  Just not working right now.

I think the beginning of the show is less than stellar as well but that’s just me.  I would rather hear a piccolo trumpet introduce the Bolero theme.

3 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Cavaliers might finish seventh next week without some changes to the end of the show.

I think you are right.  They certainly aren't selling the Oh, What a World section and the changes that they did make in the closer were unfortunately for the worse.   Cadets really wowed me tonight and might take advantage of Cavies closer problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

dang that was some sexist banter during the post show

I tend to tune out whatever the post-show folks say. What happened?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quijeros said:

I tend to tune out whatever the post-show folks say. What happened?

Basically the guy on the panel, didn't catch the name, said that as an all male corps, the Cavaliers have something up their sleeve for finals week because the fact that they're all male means the staff can push them harder than normal

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Through a Glass Darkly is one of my favorites as well. It certainly was weird, and I still don't quite understand it, but I just find myself in awe watching it. Such a balanced sounding hornline too

I bought the Stan Kenton City of Glass album because of that show. Some of it is hard to listen to (too much dissonance), but Incident in Jazz is such a cool chart.

1 minute ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Basically the guy on the panel, didn't catch the name, said that as an all male corps, the Cavaliers have something up their sleeve for finals week because the fact that they're all male means the staff can push them harder than normal

Wow

• Like 1