Academy...why the special treatment, DCI

personally, knowing that despite my summer time proximity to the west coast, my school and work schedule required me to return to miami august 1st, i travelled to allentown to see shows this summer. (and academy wasn't even at that show... so it wasn't a honking action, lol. :P)

???????????????????????????????????

You seem to make my point for me........................Allentown

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let this tread die.....

Academy doesn't deserve to hear this...

We shouldn't acknowledge this....

I do respect his or her opinion....

But, remember what your mommy said:

"If'n you ain't got somethin' nice to say....."

On another side,

I am much more disappointed that DCP is turning into the new and improved, RAMD!

I think the guys and girls at DCP have worked too hard to hake this as un-RAMD as possible.... what is happening.

Let us all try to support, and be nice.

All opinions should be respected that is a certainty... but must we always share that which is only for the purpose of stirring the pot???

I have enjoyed DCP, heck I read it everyday like the newspaper. Please help us all by not turning into the National Inquirer (sp?)

We have so many knowledgable people like Mr. Turner and the others that give valuable insight, reviews and other positive reading. Why can't this be about that?

I for one haven't been on RAMD for years... DCP was a safe haven from the BULL... now it drifts into DCP.

DCP People, I am not about restricting freedom of speech. I am much more in support of good taste.

DCP has been a class act for so long.

Please help those of us who enjoy the good information, positive reading, great info and articles and the cool tools the site offers.

Please help those of us that look to DCP for informative and great entertainment.

Sorry to spout, I just am disappointed with the mud slinging.

FOR THE RECORD, IF THE ACADEMY, BD, THE CADETS OR WHOMEVER FOR FARVORITE CORPS MIGHT BE, ONLY TOURS FOR 2 HOURS A SEASON, I AM GONNA LIKE'M either way!

I appreciate any effort a corps makes to educate the kid, provide an activity... and if we can watch it and clap... IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM ASSUMING I AM ABOUT TO BE FLAMED TO HECK OVER THIS....

SORRY IN ADVANCE.

I respect your opinions, and if I don't agree :) … I promise to be nicer to you ... that you have been to Academy and their kids when it happens.

Again, sorry everybody.

Please forgive me, but I felt it needed to be said.

With respect,

Joe

???????????????????????????????????

You seem to make my point for me........................Allentown

wasn't trying to disprove it. just providing an example. :bleah:

Joe,

Your point is well made, but I certainly am not throwing any mud on the efforts of the administration/staff and especially the members of Academy. They are out there working like everyone else. To subject them to this discussion isn't any harsher than most other corps have been exposed to in many other threads - having said that I've helped make your point!

I would disagree with you that this issue and thread have turned into a RAMD-style rave. Some of us are simply trying to understand the position of DCI on this.

I, for one, would happily fold my tent and slink away into the night if someone could simply state the policies without opinion or generalities......................"just the facts, mam."

I don't know the policy regarding seeding for performance orders, and so I didn't address that.

However, the DCI BOD set it up so that corps such as Academy can do a DCI regional tour. We've seen other corps do this before this year. So, to state, <<f a corps can't muster the funding to do a Div 1 tour, they shouldn't be Div 1>>, they ARE doing a DCI Division I tour, as allowed for by the DCI BOD. These are the same people who have corps that might be outscored by any corps doing a more limited regional tour. They made their decision based on what was best for the activity.

I've seen the BOD in action. They truly are stewards of the entire activity and not just their own corps.

OK, I took a step back and looked at the complete picture and here are my thoughts:

1) I will direct any response to DCI as they (BOD etc.) establish the rules that are followed. That is the place to look to for any change in the future.

2) The Academy has been provided an oportunity that needs to be looked at by the members as a gift (yes I understand you were approved for this tour schedule). In other words, it is not in the best interest of Academy members, staff, etc, etc, etc. to be here and elsewhere posting somewhat in-your-face messages about performance results etc. It will serve them better in the long run to be a bit more humble as they progress through this season. They will offend fewer people who may be out of money and tired from a long season and create a better image for themselves in the future.

3) Nobody would have a problem if they were not in possible line for a top 12 position. I was not aware of this tour option until the Academy. However, it is something that should be communicated to DCI for the future changes (in my opinion). There have been many good postings concerning regional tours and other options that were very informative.

4) There was a posting or two about other Corps, such as Boston, who performed limited seasons in the 80's & 90's. I do not know if this is correct; however, I am sure, knowing this class act, that they were not hyped all over the place, and if members etc were out of line then I am sure the organization would shut them down quickly.

In summary I would say to the Academy, be appreciative of the gift you have been given and respectful of the Corps who are on the road all summer so that we may have a full season of competition to enjoy. By respectful I do not imply that you are rude or destructive to others only that you would do much better for yourself to be low keyed, professional and just provide the audience with wonderful and entertaining performances. Everything else will then fall into place.

May you have many wonderful performances this summer.

Now, back to more important things :bleah: :D

First Amendment attorneys are known for their sense of humour...yours may get quite a chuckle by your interpretation of the amendment. :)

(First Amendment rights only apply to government censorship. The don't apply to private companies or organizations)

I got a chuckle that anyone actually responded to my sarcastic drivel.

2) The Academy has been provided an oportunity that needs to be looked at by the members as a gift (yes I understand you were approved for this tour schedule). In other words, it is not in the best interest of Academy members, staff, etc, etc, etc. to be here and elsewhere posting somewhat in-your-face messages about performance results etc. It will serve them better in the long run to be a bit more humble as they progress through this season. They will offend fewer people who may be out of money and tired from a long season and create a better image for themselves in the future.

For the third time, where is this trash-talk? I haven't seen it on DCP. And I certainly haven't seen members or staff posting anything remotely like what you describe.

3) Nobody would have a problem if they were not in possible line for a top 12 position.

So a limited tour is now OK, unless you score too high? :bleah:

For the third time, where is this trash-talk? I haven't seen it on DCP. And I certainly haven't seen members or staff posting anything remotely like what you describe.

So a limited tour is now OK, unless you score too high? :bleah:

I don't refer to "Trash Talk" in the posting. I don't think I have ever used that term. :doh:

I talk about the problem being addressed to DCI in the posting. That means that, yes, I feel there is a proble. However, there would be no attention paid to it this year if the Academy was at the bottom of the ranking. That is my opinion. :bleah:-

Have a nice day! :angel:

Edited by KevinRomano