Phantom Show ideas for next year

Sorry to stay on topic, but...

And even though it would be a tad weird for them to do it, I would LOVE to see them tackle a Radiohead show.

It would be a little more than a tad weird! :music:

But yeah, I've wanted to see a Radiohead show on the field for a while now. I've always sort of considered Exit Music to be rock's Adagio for Strings and would love to hear it done by a big fat brass line. Not sure what other songs would translate well, though...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Phantom discover the blues, a la Memphis style. A Staxx favorite, if you will.

Or maybe even a Sam Cooke, Willie Nelson, Barry White or Doobie Brothers show?

Phantom doing the Barkays-"Soul Finger". Interesting uh? :) I love me some Sam and Dave too.

I just went to the museum a couple of weeks ago, any drum corps could have a hey day with that music, so much to do. ^0^

Well, that's the problem: You are projecting YOUR own feelings and assuming everyone feels the same you do.

It's not even worth responding to your posts anymore. Your ignorance on so many issues is either a willful and deliberate act, or -even scarier- it is a real phenomenon. Either way, I'm done reading your posts.

"You are projecting YOUR own feelings and assuming everyone feels the same you do."

Sounds like he/she has the makings to be a DCI judge!

I wonder if a show entirely made up of pieces by Bach would work on the field.

Regiment could make it work.

something classical, but nothing written by any minimalist composers, its no offense to them, its just not phantom.

I think what they've done of minimalism is very much Regiment. In fact, they are one of two drum corps that have successfully pulled it off in my mind (the other being SCV).

Regiment could make it work.

They could make ANYTHING work!

Wouldn't "Sheep May Safely Graze" make a beautiful ballad?

PHANTOM! DO A BACH SHOW!

Edited by dccorpsfan

They could make ANYTHING work!

With current design team, my response is an unqualified yes. And a Bach show would allow Regiment to bring its considerable might to an underappreciated repertoire in drum corps circles. My personal belief is that the crowd would wet itself. And drill-wise, you put the most modern drill you can possibly come up with (I mean, really push it with the innovation...forget everything you know about drill design), with this amazing music arranged in the style for which Regiment is known, and you have a winner.

And kick halts! :P

Ive thought up a bach show in my head - including a very ballsy version of the cello suites...Now how hard would that be to pull off. Good luck finding a place for the requisite 2 bar drum breaks that every corps uses these days though...