DCA Preliminaries (Saturday) Corps Order and Discussion

MJH

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually DCA used to draw for prelims placement but the problem was it made things VERY difficult from a judging point of view. How can you compare say the 2 front runners if one goes on 10 corps after the first? REALLY hard to make a good comparison in your caption by having to remember the other corps from over 2 hours earlier!

So the idea here was to have similar level corps appear in relative proximity to each other to give a more accurate scoring of their performance.

At present rules I'm not sure if the entire August scoring is averaged or just the last 2 shows...certainly if the full month was used then the ordering would be proper to the outcome of the season. (at least for the east coast corps who have seen each other all year) If the last week or last 2 weeks are used then for example Empire goes on after Cabs although having never beat them this season. I think Brigs might go on after Bush as well with Brigs having never beat Bush this season either.

Does anyone know what the current rules are?

this is bs. it's how dca slots corps. they used to draw for prelims. it dosen't make it difficult. if a corps is that good then it dosen't matter what order they go on. please give me a break.

this is bs. it's how dca slots corps. they used to draw for prelims. it dosen't make it difficult. if a corps is that good then it dosen't matter what order they go on. please give me a break.

correct me if i am wrong ~ but didn't the corps themselves vote to change this? if that is the fact, then it has nothing to do with slotting or DCA but a decision amoungst the corps directors that this is how they wanted it done.

They haven't had a draw for prelims in a long time.

If i heard correctly last night your seedings going into prelims is now determined by your highest august score...not an average anymore.

the rule was definitely changed... seeding ignores whether or not you have declared class A... Prelims is ONE big contest...

It reads that seeding is achieved by the highest single score for the season in a DCA sanctioned contest. Other than that, I have no idea where the California corps stand.

Anxious to see the official list myself...

Prelim line up....real one, no guessing

Tom Peashey said:

Other than that, I have no idea where the California corps stand.

That rule hasn't changed. Renegades took 8th last year so they're seeded eighth. SoCal Dream took third in Class A last year, same deal.

DRUM CORPS ASSOCIATES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

PRELIMINARY COMPETITION

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2007 - PAETEC PARK STADIUM

ROCHESTER, NEW YORK

ORDER OF APPEARANCE:

1. 2:00PM White Sabers 12. 5:32 Kilties

2. 2:17 Lakeshoremen 13. 5:49 Crusaders

3. 2:34 Frontier 14. 6:06 Hurricanes

4. 2:51 Gulf Coast Sound 15. 6:23 Renegades

5. 3:08 Chops, Inc. 16. 7:05 CorpsVets

6. 3:25 Fusion Core 17. 7:22 Minnesota Brass

7. 3:43 Alliance 18. 7:39 Bushwackers

8. 3:59 SoCal Dream 19. 7:56 Brigadiers

9. 4:41 Sunrisers 20. 8:13 Caballeros

10. 4:58 Govenaires 21. 8:30 Empire Statesmen

11. 5:15 Music City Legend 22. 8:47 Buccaneers

Edited by FrankBeMe

So, Here it is, as per DCA site and another post here. (Added Times to DCA site list on Score page.)

2pm --- White Sabers

2:17 --- Lakeshoremen

2:34 --- Frontier

2:51 --- Gulf Coast Sound

3:08 --- Chops, Inc.

3:25 --- Fusion Core

3:43 --- Alliance

3:59 --- SoCal Dream

4:41 --- Sunrisers

4:58 --- Govenaires

5:15 --- Music City Legend

5:32 --- Kilties