Oh, c'mon....

No one can pick just one! Or, at least "I" can't. He's a legend that has captured decades of "Corps" through his lens.

:laughing::thumbup::tongue::tongue::tongue::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Forever grateful to him!!!!

Oh, good. I can take this brief hiatus - here's the results from this morning's medical follow up: Email to my friends and family of which you all are a part.

Well, Here's the deal: The guy tried to scare me. Made me wait over 2 hours and then said this pretty much:

My motor skills are good - I can hear, walk, see react normally blah, blah except that my lower face numbness will continue to dissipate so my speech will get increasingly better.

Congratulated me on working on it this weekend - Thank God for "they might be giants!" Don't worry, only a few people will get that.

Really medically speaking, the occlusion in my Cartoid is completely unblocked. I may not have a recurrence if I continue to keep talking and laughing, if I get support from my family and friends, continue to read and write and listen to music (who was he talking to anyway?!) stay positive and continue with mild physical activity. After talking a while longer, he asked me why I pretty much gave up drinking but not smoking. Apparently I should do it the other way around - not to excess.

Of course, I should eat better to which I said: You're kidding right?! I even eat chicken, now. You had to be there - oh yeah and know me all these years. I'm 165 pounds, so I need more weight ... why? Because he was like 280 and he had all his clothes on!

So that's it. I'm good, will get better and I should get over m-m-myself and just laugh along when people hear me talk for the next week or so.

Still might learn a lesson about thinking before I speak, though. Because while it might have taken me only a couple of minutes to write this, it probably would take about 15 to say it. OK 10.

Give me a call for a g-g-good laugh, send an email or IM at DCP (I left all the Whoville crowd a message this morning and I'll repost this there and the Brassmen message board in a little while) and as you know, I now am on Face Book, too.

Thanks for all your messages and posts and well wishes.

Puppet is good to go. :cool:

Oh, good. I can take this brief hiatus - here's the results from this morning's medical follow up: Email to my friends and family of which you all are a part.

Well, Here's the deal: The guy tried to scare me. Made me wait over 2 hours and then said this pretty much:

My motor skills are good - I can hear, walk, see react normally blah, blah except that my lower face numbness will continue to dissipate so my speech will get increasingly better.

Congratulated me on working on it this weekend - Thank God for "they might be giants!" Don't worry, only a few people will get that.

Really medically speaking, the occlusion in my Cartoid is completely unblocked. I may not have a recurrence if I continue to keep talking and laughing, if I get support from my family and friends, continue to read and write and listen to music (who was he talking to anyway?!) stay positive and continue with mild physical activity. After talking a while longer, he asked me why I pretty much gave up drinking but not smoking. Apparently I should do it the other way around - not to excess.

Of course, I should eat better to which I said: You're kidding right?! I even eat chicken, now. You had to be there - oh yeah and know me all these years. I'm 165 pounds, so I need more weight ... why? Because he was like 280 and he had all his clothes on!

So that's it. I'm good, will get better and I should get over m-m-myself and just laugh along when people hear me talk for the next week or so.

Still might learn a lesson about thinking before I speak, though. Because while it might have taken me only a couple of minutes to write this, it probably would take about 15 to say it. OK 10.

Give me a call for a g-g-good laugh, send an email or IM at DCP (I left all the Whoville crowd a message this morning and I'll repost this there and the Brassmen message board in a little while) and as you know, I now am on Face Book, too.

Puppet is good to go. :thumbup:

well it sounds good puppet. sounds like you'll recover. my dad had 2 strokes and while it took a while he recovered. speech was a problem for a while but he got it back. work hard and you will be fine my friend. :laughing:

I have been gone for a bit, but I wish I had been here the last week or so. I knew a bunch of the people recently. I had the pleasure to play lead sop with Nick Filia sometime in my SCA years, that would be P.V., pre-vibrato. I also knew both Gowdy & Rondo. I once saw a blooper show where thet had one of Steve doing the weather. It was his last show in Rochester before leaving for a job in F.L.A. They were screwing with him bad. I also knew the redhead, but I never knew Lucille Ball played sop. (JK Robbie).

It's good to hear that Puppet is back, the entire DCP family missed him.

Puppet is good to go. :laughing:

We need to get Cossetti on this mission to make you laugh! He is the champ in that dept.....

in the meantime: Have the "Misteress of mirth",our lovely Nanci ,dig up that photo of me from the 70's

that was featured herein! THAT is a laugh! I will bet you my "fro" was bigger than yours!

Take care!

"Puppet is good to go."

Great to hear that, Puppet! Good to have you back here among the 'guess-whoers!'

As for the smoking vs. drinking, let me share something. My dad never smoked except for 3 years when he was in the Army in WWII. He always enjoyed his cold beer at dinner, and sometimes another afterwards, when watching television. He also liked having a Manhattan nearly every night before dinner, after a rough day at work.

Bottom line: He'll be 90 in September, and still has a Manhattan just about every day (sometimes two!). Two doctors he saw recently for checkups (a urologist and a gastro-enterologist), both told him, "Mr. Smith, keep enjoying that cocktail. At your age, you've earned it!"

Wishing you a continued successful recovery, Puppet!

WooHoo!!! :laughing:

ALL great news!! Thanks again for keeping us here in Who'ville updated... :tongue:

Prayers, good vibes, positive mo-jo... coming your way! :tongue:

Puppet is good to go. :cool:

that red head is bad news

Is this a clue or a personal observation? :tongue::ph34r: