Hell-o Whoville!

First Happy Anniversary in order.

That said (and not to be a downer in anyway!)

I am home, finally. I had another mild stroke. Ha. They say it's mild because you don't become completely raisin bran. I can't talk well - the synapsis are not talking well, they sent me to the VA in Miami they - it's called TIA Transient Ischemic Attack the brain equivalent of a Heart Attack, I'm told. But was made bad by a bad artery so I also had an Endarterectomy to restore normal blood flow through the main artery to the brain and prevent a a real stroke. Anyway, if I just relax and take it easy over the next couple of days - it's really hot - I should be back on my feet in a few more days.They want me back there for a followup this morning.

So I'm gettng old and I can barely make noises that pass for speech. Something about connecting with my brain and the rest of my body. I liken it to when your computer is running slow and you type and you have to wait for the letters on the screen to catch up. Even peeing is interesting. That's a joke. but at least I'm home - rather be here in my own home taking care of myself and on line than not. If I missed anyone on my list, please pass on -sorry to all my friends here for being so close to the vest. I hate not sharing but I was actually awfully afraid!

Hey ! are those guys in the current pic real drum corps guys. They look like sportscasters. I don't remember Wes Hobby ever wearing that kind of headgear.

Be back later. Miss you guys and my DPC fix.

G

--

Hey guy!!! Great to hear that you're out of the woods (so to speak). As far as the speech goes, don't be lazy. Keep going to speech therapy. It may be difficult at first but well worth the effort. Glad you're back.

Great to hear from ya Puppet.......hang in there buddy, you'll be surprised at how fast you can rehab after a TIA. I have some first hand experience.......keep well and do what they tell ya to....

Joe

Hell-o Whoville!

I am home, finally. I had another mild stroke. Ha. They say it's mild because you don't become completely raisin bran. I can't talk well - the synapsis are not talking well, they sent me to the VA in Miami they - it's called TIA Transient Ischemic Attack the brain equivalent of a Heart Attack, I'm told. But was made bad by a bad artery so I also had an Endarterectomy to restore normal blood flow through the main artery to the brain and prevent a a real stroke. Anyway, if I just relax and take it easy over the next couple of days - it's really hot - I should be back on my feet in a few more days.They want me back there for a followup this morning.

So I'm gettng old and I can barely make noises that pass for speech. Something about connecting with my brain and the rest of my body. I liken it to when your computer is running slow and you type and you have to wait for the letters on the screen to catch up. Even peeing is interesting. That's a joke. but at least I'm home - rather be here in my own home taking care of myself and on line than not. If I missed anyone on my list, please pass on -sorry to all my friends here for being so close to the vest. I hate not sharing but I was actually awfully afraid!

Hey ! are those guys in the current pic real drum corps guys. They look like sportscasters. I don't remember Wes Hobby ever wearing that kind of headgear.

G

--

Hell-o Whoville!

G

--

Nice to have you back, Puppet. Take good care of yourself.

Please take care and get well soon!!

Puppet,

Hey man, I'm thinking of you and wish you the best on your road to recovery. I'm going to send some good karma your way. In the meantime take it easy, get better and I look forward to your posts on DCP. :laughing:

A family member was a stroke victim and can be a long road. Good news is you still have your mind and you are home. Hope there are plans to rehab the crap outta of ya....

Hell-o Whoville!

G

--

Thank you Puppet,and I am happy you are on the road to recovery. Rest, relax and take care.

Hell-o Whoville!

G

--

Puppet,

Man - this is not the summer we would wish for you. On the other hand, you're here telling us about it, which beats the hell out of whatever comes in second. I was driving through Brooklyn on my way to Bayonne yesterday morning and thought about you. Keep working at it. If speaking is no fun - email like crazy. My dad had six strokes, and recovered pretty much every time. And he was an accordian player, so as a mellophone you have to be a couple of notches tougher. (I can say that not, as he passsed away at 90 8 years ago. Otherwise he'd kick my ### for saying buglers are tougher than accordian players). keep improving and keep us in the loop. I must say that without your posts, DCP is a duller place, especially for us New Yorkers.

Ray

It is a three ring circus, isn't it?

Hell-o Whoville!

G

--

Puppet. Always good to read your posts, but it's extra special to hear you're on the mend. Stay tough and have a total recovery young man.

Glenn