AND the one and only Joe Worms behind him with the snare drum.

lol Ken I would NEVER call out such an esteemed comrade as WRONG... but worm is no where to be seen in that pic...

for the life of me, I can't remember the tenor drummers name (check out the sticks in his right hand)... but Worm is not in that picture...

Edited by TomPeashey

lol that was 32819 posts ago and in another lifetime...

and i gave the first answer. how many years ago was that?

Elks Parade soloist ... the one who isn't Dirty Eddie ... and read back a few posts ... more clues were revealed ... I think I'll go cut my grass again

:-)

I thought his nickname was grass because his last name was unpronounceable. And it came from a lawn service :doh: ......really???? :lookaround:

29 counts. One-handed. While doffing his shako with the LH.

Anyone reading this is welcome to try it at home yourself.

That's right... almost forgot about the "tipping of the hat" thing.

Insane.

I remember Joey Pero doing a similar thing... in 2002 during "Begin the Beguine" with the Empire Statesmen. Hitting and holding a crazy-high note while waving to the crowd.

Edited by Fran Haring

OK how about year and song for the looooooooong note..... 1976 taped corps at the Hershey show with my happy crappy Radio Shack cassette recorder (oh those BITD times). Problem was I forgot to shut up the whole time and had a recording of a real long note and me saying the number of secods to the guy next to me.... :doh:

I thought his nickname was grass because his last name was unpronounceable. And it came from a lawn service :doh:/> ......really???? :lookaround:/>

... and I thought Cossetti was the only gullible one on here ...

:confused:

• Like 2

... and I thought Cossetti was the only gullible one on here ...

:confused:/>

And short... you left out short...

• Like 1

t worm is no where to be seen in that pic...

that's because he is standing BEHIND the fat kid.

One of this man's signatures is him lifting his horn high in the air after finishing a solo, to acknowledge the crowd's cheers.

Which also made a really nice t-shirt that several Reilly Sops wear on a regular basis...thumbup.gif

Caption under the photo on that shirt is "Got Grass?"

*edited fer spellin'*

Edited by TennTux

That's the one and only Tom Peashey front and center with the Brigs. 67 A.L. Nationals at Fenway Park in Boston. What a night that was.

"Guess Who" victim number 1..... NanciD started this thread with that photo. thumbup.gif