Trying to make out what's on the sign. All I can see is Thief and Stole Money.

2nd. line might be some kind of Wax?

We need Ken Burns on this...........

got the enlarged view and with the bifocals.. woo boy

Thief

This man

... chicken (children?)

... Mass Vol

stole money (honey?)

Friend

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I knew you'd be on the case Jim. Thanks.

Civil War era stuff (still live an hour from Gettysburg)... picking stuff out of old pictures... thanks for the fun break.....

"...scholar in the house."

Thanks for the props, but I'm still a novice when it comes to learning about Civil War field music.

Jari Villenueva is the real deal for this. Check out

www.tapsbugler.com

FD

Edited by ironlips

"Drummed Out":

This is possibly a "Bounty Jumper". Guys like that "Enlisted" for a "Bounty" paid by another person (Male) that was avoiding combat duty in the Federal Army during the Civil War.

When his hair grows back he'll probably "Re-Up" again with a different regiment from a different state, for the "Bounty".

Elphaba

OT of course (sort of as the pic is of drums)

seeing these civil war pics is fantastic but sad... often the drummer and bugler were mid to early teens and were always at the point... many were the first to fall...

I'm contemplating a Civil War Novel loosely based on the 4 year career of my Great Grandfather who died in the Confederate attempt to retake Nashville... Yes he was a Johnny Reb... the facts are pretty interesting to begin with and could really be developed in to an interesting story... he fought up and down the Mississippi - into Atlanta and back home to Tennessee... he was a POW for many months... After 4 hard years of war, he died in the battle of Franklin just a few miles from his home and children in Dickson TN

Where's Ken Burns when you need him?

Go for it, TP.

This is a great idea. If you'd like to go multi media, with CD or downloadable sound track, I'll connect you with a CW musical group I am recording next month.

Two words: film rights.

Now, who's got another photo, before we get too far afield?