So, are we saying the corps in the photo is Norwood Park?

The colors don't look right, I think, but maybe one who knows better than I can make out the flag design.

Look at one of the Roy Perez videos on youtube...it is them at the Philly VFW in 69. :tounge2:

I saw finals that year as a MM of the Livingston Imperial Guardsmen..a carload of us drove down to Philly. Garfield had a bunch of our MM who had left after 68.

So, are we saying the corps in the photo is Norwood Park?

The colors don't look right, I think, but maybe one who knows better than I can make out the flag design.

You still have a good eye for detail.

Flag design is the key.

Here is a vid of Prelim 1969 VFW. See Norwood Park at the 1:20 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWcH4AF2Ksc

Edited by gsksun4

First understand that not all DC sites are 100% reliable. I had to dig deep to find the current feature. I cannot find the location again, but the pic was identified with date, corps and show.

I have compared as close as possible, the two corps from around that time. Both corps had made adjustments to their look during the 60's.

I'm now totally convinced it's the corps identified on the site.

Hint #1: Neither corps made finals.

Edited by gsksun4

Though the uniform and other colors do not reproduce accurately, at 1:25 it's clear that we are at the same stadium, so it must be NPI.

Nope ... think Northwest ... the coast you're on now but weren't on in 69 ...

:-)

I see Roy Perez is a member of one of the historical/olde tyme corps groups on FB. Probably saw the name a few times and that's why the "who is that" bug hit me.

Won't say the group as some of the current day comments make DCP seem... well mannered...