What Music WILL Suit Phantom regiment best?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see them tackle Matisse de Mahler by Hindemuth, or maybe do symphonie Fantastique again

Queen's "A Night At The Opera"

with Bohemian Rhapsody, 39, My Best Friend, etc

If you're going to go with A Night At The Opera, Death on Two Legs is a definite must!

I think they would do wonders with Love of My Life, though.

MikeD, I completely agree with you! It baffles me every year that goes by without a corps programming "Sinfonietta" by Janacek. It's an incredible piece that has the big broad brass scoring already built in. I think it'd be perfect for Phantom or Crown.

Bizarre?

Surely you know what I mean. Phantom knows if they play something classical in nature, especially something they have already performed, and they play it loudly, people will cheer no matter what. Good for them for keeping fans happy (I am not saying anything is wrong with that) but for me, that is playing it safe. Hopefully Spartacus is just the show's title and not a reflection of a rehash of years' past.

Again, my comment on BK was as of late. Take it or leave it, but in recent years BK looks and sounds much more like a classical corps than Phantom. No biggie. . .not saying one is better than the other.

As far as my frequent negativity. . .too bad. I am just calling it like I see it. Not everyone around here has to gush at everything Phantom.

Your high bias points have allowed you to attain the rank of Megaborg

Your high bias points have allowed you to attain the rank of Megaborg

Awesome!

What have your bias points helped you attain?

. . .and by the way, please come up with something better than labeling someone who disagrees with you a borg. What that really translates into is that you have nothing to say, so resort to calling names instead. Plus, I thought I was only a Cadets-borg member, which how that relates to this discussion I have no idea.

Edited by TXMystreaux

With their sound I think they can play ANYTHING and I will personally love it. I have yet to hear a Phantom show, since 81, that I haven't loved. I have been looking forward to the Spartacus redux since 82. THIS IS THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep, "playing it safe"...........

Edited by 84skyrydr