Narrative to be crucial element behind Cadets 2008 program

I don't think he's very ambigous here at all. Here, he's talking about an overall story...that's what narrative is. BD 97 had a narrative. Colts 07 had a narrative. Most shows have narrative. Narrative=story. Plain and simple.

Here, he's saying that there won't be much narration used to convey the narrative. In short, this blog entry isn't saying that the show will be littered with narration. In fact, it seems that there will be less than last year. How much less remains to be seen, especially since it's still the preseason. All this blog entry says is that they want the narration--however much there is--to be the best quality possible as far as writing goes. Good luck to them.

I don't think everyone will really get the jist of what he's trying to explain until the season actually starts and we get to see exactly what he's talking about.

Well, given what was said in the video the Cadets just posted, it looks like I was pretty much right. I'm just ecstatic to hear there will be less narration. I think I'll really love this show.

Dude. Oscar nominations have already been announced for this year. And while you've consistently been giving a solid dramatic performance, I fear that the Academy will forget you by the time next year rolls around. Save your vomit for August where someone might actually take notice of it.

just trying to illustrate my point...although it really does turn my stomach and I know I am not the only one.

just trying to illustrate my point...although it really does turn my stomach and I know I am not the only one.

Thats some mighty fine contradiction right there bud. Part one of statement says you're just exaggerating to make a point, and part says you're really not. No wonder people cant take you seriously

Honestly. If a show literally makes you nauseous, I'm thinking you may have more serious problems than just narration.

I'm not a huge fan of narration, but I can respect what the Cadets put on the field. 95% of the time, I'm in awe of what they are doing physically and musically. There are other corps out there who, IMO, do not come close to that kind of demand. Do park and barks bother me? Sure. Does "Dance Break USA" get old after the 3rd or 4th year? Sure.

Does it turn my stomach? ..... No.

Can I still enjoy those shows? Absolutely.

Thats some mighty fine contradiction right there bud. Part one of statement says you're just exaggerating to make a point, and part says you're really not. No wonder people cant take you seriously

I never said I was exaggerating...you did...no contradiction stated. Lots of people take what I say seriously so it's ok if some people don't. BTW....you are down 2 "world class" corps this year...unfortunately the carnage is probably not over either. If you want to keep your head stuck in the sand that's your choice...but dismissing people that don't like the direction DCI is going when they are probably more right than wrong is not going to make things better.

I never said I was exaggerating...you did...no contradiction stated. Lots of people take what I say seriously so it's ok if some people don't. BTW....you are down 2 "world class" corps this year...unfortunately the carnage is probably not over either. If you want to keep your head stuck in the sand that's your choice...but dismissing people that don't like the direction DCI is going when they are probably more right than wrong is not going to make things better.

Lol, we werent talking about losing corps, thats not the issue here. It is certainly a big deal, but its being covered elsewhere. It doesnt change the fact that you spoke metaphorically, and then turned the statement into a literal one- but feel free to cover yourself by talking about something unrelated.

Correction...

Actually, in that show we played themes from Mahler's 5th. :blink:

I'm sure I remember a soprano solo (I mean really solo - nothing and nobody else playing or even moving) and a big ensemble chord from Hovhaness - 19th symphony I think. I was just a short quote. maybe I'm thinking of another year.

You would know this better than I do, you being like, IN the corps and all.

I'm sure I remember a soprano solo (I mean really solo - nothing and nobody else playing or even moving) and a big ensemble chord from Hovhaness - 19th symphony I think. I was just a short quote. maybe I'm thinking of another year.

You would know this better than I do, you being like, IN the corps and all.

I think you refer to the trumpet solo and subsequent chords from the Mahler...we had knelt down at various time intervals during the battle scene just prior and on those big chords we rose while playing them.