Narrative to be crucial element behind Cadets 2008 program

but i dont mind anchovies on pizza actually... :lookaround::omg:

Me too. On pizza. Anchovies on an ice cream sundae suck. A perfect analogy to narration in a drum corps show.....

Ehh....hes got a point. I mean, george and others will engage in debates with the members about various aspects of the show, and occasionally even get ideas from the corps, but as far as doing what you're told, and not arguing with the staff - thats true about 99% of the time

Absolutely. Did you ever have a show where you hated a particular tune (maybe 2-3, maybe the whole show)? But as a member you had no say in the design, right?

Did you go out every night and march that show the best you could anyway?

Absolutely. Did you ever have a show where you hated a particular tune (maybe 2-3, maybe the whole show)? But as a member you had no say in the design, right?

Did you go out every night and march that show the best you could anyway?

Nope. I always made sure to play lots of wrong notes and march with bent legs in the closer in 06, just to make sure the staff knew it was my least favorite song. I mean, i wasnt doing it to hurt the corps, I just wanted the staff to know.... :lookaround:

I think it's disgusting, but yeah, being disgusting is "OK." I wouldn't try to stop anybody from booing.

I understand what you are saying, but personally I don't think I could take it to that stage. I still feel the financial kick in the pants is the most effective.

Looks like the Cadets have received over twenty responses from writers offering their services for the 2008 production.

Link.

EDIT: I think this is great news, and a wonderful idea to seek professional help overall.

I think one reason this bid is much more successful than their quests for a narrator is because (im assuming) its a paid gig...not to mention some pretty big name exposure

I think one reason this bid is much more successful than their quests for a narrator is because (im assuming) its a paid gig...not to mention some pretty big name exposure

*has a little thought*

/slides down the slope (hey, it's all ice and snow here today so i'm not totally off base! ;))

and then one day the uniforms will be patched with sponsorships and there will be televised shows throughout the season "brought to u by..." and the corporate monster wins again!

Edited by chaos001

Me too. On pizza. Anchovies on an ice cream sundae suck. A perfect analogy to narration in a drum corps show.....

Mentioning anchovies and ice cream together reminds me of watching the Japanese Iron Chef when Hroyuki Sakai made trout ice cream, to the consternation of all who actually had to eat some. :lookaround:

Ehh....hes got a point. I mean, george and others will engage in debates with the members about various aspects of the show, and occasionally even get ideas from the corps, but as far as doing what you're told, and not arguing with the staff - thats true about 99% of the time

Gee, you got 1% to argue? We got 0%. :lookaround: