SO......what do you do?

I'll bite...

I'm the software engineering manager for the Electronic Power Components Buisness at Rockwell Automation. I lead a team of embedded firmware development engineers that do real time operating system design, signal processing and control algorithm development, and communication firmware for a couple of new product develompment teams. The products are used mainly to control and monitor electric motors. I've been involved in embedded firmware development for 24 years now. I get to work with some really great people, and I have weekends free for drum corps. What more could a guy ask for?! :cool:

I'm also a licensed plumber. I know it's an odd combination, but it makes sense when you consider my dad was a plumber, my grandpa was a plumber, and my great grandpa was a plumber. I don't do much plumbing anymore, but the skill does come in handy. :tongue:

Edited by J.C.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll play along...

I'm a financial advisor with my own firm, Gibbens Financial here in Erie, PA. I specialize in retirement and pre-retirement planning, wealth management and risk management. I hold licenses in many states since I've acquired clients all over the US through my contacts in music. Been doing this since 1986.

So....if you are retired, or plan to retire someday........(ahum...) visit www.smartandready.com and enter passcode RETIRESMRT. There's a brief video that explains it better.

I will step in and personally vouch for Jeff's expertise and professionalism as a financial advisor. He's been mine since 2000 and I'm looking forward to a wonderful nest egg when the time comes.

On top of that, he's just a great guy all around.

Count me in as a member of the Jeff Gibbens Fan Club.

I am an avionics technician in the Navy.

Heh..... my nephew Chris is an avionics tech with the Army.... he works on Apache helicopters. He's in Iraq right now, but (at least for now) on a base out of harm's way, thank God.

Fran

I am also in the Jeff Gibbens fan club, but not because of his financial advisement...mine is because of his Playing!!!!

DA

Heh..... my nephew Chris is an avionics tech with the Army.... he works on Apache helicopters. He's in Iraq right now, but (at least for now) on a base out of harm's way, thank God.

Fran

Wayne's son?

Wayne's son?

Yes.

Chris called us yesterday..... said he's due to come back to the U.S. sometime in October or so...... then a little time stateside and he's done with his Army hitch.

Meanwhile, his wife Kristen and their baby girl Shannon are living in NJ with Wayne and Loretta.... AKA Grandma and Grandpa! :tongue:

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

After a rather successful career in hospital administration, I semi-retired and started up an Employee Assistance Program - providing counseling for employees of client companies in such things as drugs and alcohol, marital, financial, and legal assistance.

Over the last few years I've also created a new job for myself (in addition to the above) by providing training for area companies as a free-lance trainer for the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation, primarily for their Drug-Free Workplace Program.

And about three years ago I became certified by the Ohio Supreme Court to serve as a Mediator in Domestic Relations, Child Custody, and Spousal and Child Support cases and have developed growing practice in that area.

Please note that all of the above allow for weekends free - as in driving to and from New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, etc.

Andy

As grouchy as you are, the Mediator thing is a real surprise!

:tongue:

As grouchy as you are, the Mediator thing is a real surprise!

:tongue:

Actually, Ron, it's not all that bad. Just think of Walter Mathau or Archie Bunker negotiating a marriage dissolution.

Works every time - and quickly too!!!

:cool: