DCI Finals in Bloomington

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you're gonna have a chance to age out. Be happy about that. I didn't march my age out.

I "guess" i aged out in Denver in 04 (or San Jose to be exact if you count the week long drum corps party which was Tour of Champions)

You shouldn't base your expectations of a summer on where the venue is.

btw....this is all Hoppys fault!!!!! (jk) ..... (although I can totally see this thread ending like that in a few days)

Edited by friceox

DCI looses another big Venue.....these are the same guys that book a 10 year finals contract in a city where the surrounding school districts are not even allowing corps to stay in schools for the week.

Seeing how it will go to Bloomington I hope Bill Cook shows up and has a big laugh at everything!!!!

Sorry Conner, where did you march again???

cute. check your pm.

~>conner

At least you're gonna have a chance to age out. Be happy about that. I didn't march my age out.

I "guess" i aged out in Denver in 04 (or San Jose to be exact if you count the week long drum corps party which was Tour of Champions)

You shouldn't base your expectations of a summer on where the venue is.

And if you think that this will ruin my summer or that I'm not happy to age out, you really are new to DCP. Of course I'm still excited to have been lucky to have marched(sat) as long as I have in DCI. But in my opinion, it's not a GREAT to place to hold finals. It may even be a nice stadium and I can't wait to be there, but, at least as of now I'd say we perform in better stadiums before finals and that's not the way I think it should be. Maybe, and hopefully, my opinion will change when I get there.

wow- this is huge news! (in a bad way)

guess we probably won't get an official nod from DCI.org until Monday, eh?

this kinda sucks I think... anybody got info on the stadium at Bloomington?

It's funny - my first year in Bloomington for school, 1984, there were no lights in the stadium.

The Bloomington drum corps show was at the soccer stadium because that was the nicest lighted field in town.

Bill Cook starts up Star of Indiana and within a few years makes a donation to IU with the provision that they put lights in the football stadium in hopes of attracting a bigger DCI show. I think the Bloomington show evolved into a bigger regional show because of that, but finals were never hosted there. Now they finally will be. Hmmmm. I might just have to make a trip back home to Indiana for that!