DCI Finals in Bloomington

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame it on Hopkins...he wanted a special speaker system installed, and it put the construction schedule behind.

:innocent: :innocent:

:ph34r:

Seriously, why'd you even bring him into this...?

Honestly? I'm really looking forward to marching here this summer. Like I said, it looks really nice. I guess the only thing I'm worried about is the fact that my ex goes to IU, and it would probably be very awkward if we ran into each other again...but, that's totally unrelated to the topic at hand. The point is, it looks great, and I can't wait to march there!

And to the poster who's disappointed at not being able to age out in Indy- hey, look on the bright side. DCI COULD have moved finals to West Lafayette. :innocent:

As a Purdue fan, this news is extremely disappointing.

:innocent:

Seriously, why'd you even bring him into this...?

it was a joke.

~>conner

As somebody who marched in Bloomington for 4 years (IU Marching Hundred), I can tell you that Bloomington will be a GREAT place to have finals!

I agree! I marched there 4 years also AND practiced there with Star (in 1985 and with the 2004 Alumni corps).

Lots of great food in Bloomington too and it's not a bad drive from Indy.

Laughing Planet, Village Deli, Runcible Spoon.... Mmmmmmm. Mother Bears, Bear's Place.

As one who purchased premium tickets way back in the fall, I'm not really looking forward to finding out where my seats will be in the new venue.

Well if you ordered SUPER Premium and asked to be in club seats, this stadium won't have those, obviously, and you won't stay dry if it rains, but odds are you'll be closer to midfield than you would have been in the new stadium, because it looks to me like there are more seats closer to midfield in Bloomington than in Lucas Oil. And the crowd may be smaller than it would have been because of the change in venue, which could move those who do go closer to midfield, if there's an option to cancel extended before they start filling orders. If they extend an option to cancel after they fill orders to people who ordered last fall, then some people who order late could wind up in better seats in some cases than those who ordered early, if some people return their tickets.

They might also have to reprice the tickets, especially for people who were prepared to pony up a lot for club seats. They'll figure it out.

Edited by Peel Paint