Update on Bluecoats 2008 show

Should be a cool show. We did a complete Rocky show in 91 at Boston. Was a lot of fun. Crowd was into it.

Edited by shaq9195

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was announced earlier in the year.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...=109377&hl=

Hmm. I can't believe I noticed that discussion when it was going on. Unfortunately I will have to disregard the 2008 show at this point. Here's hoping for a different show design in 2009.

When I heard they were doing "On the Waterfront" music, I thought it was interesting because Berstein has such a connection with Cadets. Anyway, I am looking forward to this show, at least now. Keep in mind that there's more to Rocky music than "Gonna Fly Now." The music from near the end of the fight, where Rock gets clobbered but ends up struggling to his feet (as Adrian comes into the arena), and when the fight is over and the crowd rushes into the ring, are probably my favorite parts of the movie, and I hope they use it.

And people who dismiss shows in April are stupid.

If this is just going to be another James Logan Winterguard show (2002) reincarnated into a drum corps show, I'm going to be pretty disappointed, aka yowza yowza yowza.