Update on Bluecoats 2008 show

You mean they couldn't get permission to use it, at all?

They might, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't....

They could always say...

"LLLLET'S GET PREPARED TO RUMBLLLLLE!"

I think if you just say the prepared part really really fast and mumbly no one will notice.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean they couldn't get permission to use it, at all?

Buffer is highly protective of his trademark. Could it be used for a fee? Anything is for sale. Would it be a fee the Bluecoats would find tolerable? That's a whole 'nother question.

Buffer is highly protective of his trademark. Could it be used for a fee? Anything is for sale. Would it be a fee the Bluecoats would find tolerable? That's a whole 'nother question.

There's gotta be a comment in there somewhere about a corps not only having to pay licensing fees for the music they play but ALSO for the words they use..... sheesh.

Perhaps I should clarify. There are many types of show designs in which I am interested, and then there are many in which I am not. At the current point the 2008 Bluecoats show falls into the latter category. It's like soccer; I am not interested in it, and choose not to view. And like the show designs in which I am not interested, I have tried to enjoy soccer in the past, but did not. Got that, Butch?

This is just silly. Do you completely disregard 2006 Blue Devils because a guy said "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse"? Come to think of it, somebody already pointed out the double standard of your praise for 2007 Crown even though it had narration in it.

You can't know how a show will affect you just by reading about it. I don't care who you are, it just can't be done. I've had plenty of preconceived opinions about shows by reading about them, but that had absolutely no effect on how I felt when I finally witnessed them. Nobody knows how entertaining or not entertaining a show is until they see it. Not even you, Hrothgar. I'll be more inclined to respect your opinion after you've been to a show. But for now, you're just being silly.

Oh and just for the record, nobody here has any information whatsoever as to the extent the narration will be used. I even talked to one of the current members a couple days ago and he didn't even know. So unless somebody here has a magic crystal ball, stop getting ahead of yourselves.

Yeah we dont know anything except notes, rythms and some sets, to put it plainly.

They might, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't....

They could always say...

"LLLLET'S GET PREPARED TO RUMBLLLLLE!"

I think if you just say the prepared part really really fast and mumbly no one will notice.

Or maybe....

LLLLLeave us be all organized enough to participate in FISTICUFFS! :sad:

Oh and just for the record, nobody here has any information whatsoever as to the extent the narration will be used. I even talked to one of the current members a couple days ago and he didn't even know. So unless somebody here has a magic crystal ball, stop getting ahead of yourselves.

I'm a Bluecoats alum and supporter ... just thought I'd get that out there first.

I don't like narration as a whole and wish it would just all go away, but it's here to stay, so it seems. I hope they don't include TOO much into it -- we'll see.

BUT, I do trust the minds and talents of the staff. AND, let's not forget how much these shows change from June to August, let alone April.

Let's not forget how undeniably awesome the 2007 show was, narration included.

Thanks. Nice to see pleased fans. :D

Let's not forget how undeniably awesome the 2007 show was, narration included.

It was good.

But it was better when the contras actually played notes instead of that hosed-down part they had at the end of the season.

Blue had BY FAR the best contra line on the field last season, hands down. :sad: