Best show ever?

Madison Scouts 1999...Jesus Christ Superstar.

Hey...watch you mouth! There are children around here.

87 Garfield :w00t:

:dancin:

1992 Santa Clara Vanguard: Fiddler on the Roof

It was one of the first shows I ever heard a recording of, and I didn't actually know who it was who played the show at the time. When I finally got to see a video of the show, I noticed it wasn't exactly the cleanest visually or musically, but it possessed excitement and drive! Love the ripple, love the Bottle Dance... ahh. It's one of the few drum corps shows I'll listen to before I go out and perform my own.

So in conclusion, it's loud and exciting! I'm going to go watch it again right now :)

Bottle Dance was the single loudest thing I have ever heard. Sounded good, too!

1989 SCV

No one will ever top that show

Meh. GREAT show, but there were lines that left a bit to be desired and it took 'em two years to get it right. What would they have done had 88 won--Carmen??? Yeah, that would have been a hot 1-2 battle.

1984 Garfield Cadets, absolutely without a doubt the most talented corps and best show ever. This show would win the championships this year if they did nothing but replicate it. imo of course :)

Well, count me as a doubter...saw last year's corps and they were pretty danged talented. And sorry to say, but they wouldn't even place in finals the last couple years. Best? No. Favorite? Sure, I could see that. Don, I just re-read the 'imo' part of your post...sorry if this reply sounds like I'm jumping down your throat...not my intent!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does one listen to this standstill performance?

It comes on a CD when you buy the 2006 Tour DVD. If we're lucky, maybe it will be posted on the Fan Network.

It comes on a CD when you buy the 2006 Tour DVD. If we're lucky, maybe it will be posted on the Fan Network.

Ah, that's what I thought. I believe my friend has the Tour DVD. I should definitely take a listen then. :dancin:

In response to the SCV 1989 comments....

Anyone else notice the snareline pileup? Can't remember exactly when right now. Somewhere in the middle I think. Maybe 2nd movement?

In response to the SCV 1989 comments....

Anyone else notice the snareline pileup? Can't remember exactly when right now. Somewhere in the middle I think. Maybe 2nd movement?

Oh yes.....during "Masquerade"....it was caused by the late seqason loss of one of the snares....one of the 2 overage memebrs who forged their ID papers...fooled not only Gail, but US immigration as well (they were for the UK, IIRC) I suppose it was too late to easiloy adjust to that hole....a shame it was caught on tape.

I am split between Phantom '93 and SCV '99.