Bloomington, we have a problem

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a sinkhole being more more of a problem than marching on a baseball diamond. Remember the US Open finals and Pageant of Champions in Columbus back in the 80s, marched at Cooper Stadium? Pitchers mound right on the 25 yard line!

The amount of rain that fell overnight in Bloomington and the surrounding area I'm sure may add to the problems.

Yep, things may have just gotten a LOT worse ... 4-10 inches fell just OVERNIGHT in this general area of Indiana. Major flooding problems, interstates and state roads closed. Bloomington right now is almost isolated ...37 closed north of town (Martinsville under water), 46 closed both east and west out of the city.... all this from just the overnight rains on top of the earlier rain that damaged the field.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/

I read another news report where the field was officially deemed "unplayable".

Stay tuned!

Edited by hughesmr

Really wish they would've had DCI for a 2nd year in California. Would've been a much smoother transition rather than gambling that Lucas Oil would be complete. It was really a treat for the CA fans last year, and now we will have to wait a decade or more to ever see that again.

A permanent move to Indy was a bad choice, IMHO. I liked the rotating venues of DCI.

Edited by scv guy

I spoke with a friend last night who is the facilities manager for a collegehere in Southern Cal. He just managed the installation of a field similar to what they have in Bloomington and said its difficult to know how bad the damage is until they get a peak underneath the carpet... however, the entire carpet will most likely need to be replaced. You can't just do one section. Plus, everything underneath needs to be graded and packed and a new foundation would need to be constructed (I have no idea what this means). His estimate is that it's going to be at least October before IU is playing football there, but could be sooner. He thinks DCI should be looking for new place to host championships.

Edited by Newseditor44

It's the curse of the Great Bambino, drum corps style. What happened last year that might put a curse on DCI?

Just havin' a little fun.

... :smile: hash marks... :smile:

Really wish they would've had DCI for a 2nd year in California. Would've been a much smoother transition rather than gambling that Lucas Oil would be complete. It was really a treat for the CA fans last year, and now we will have to wait a decade or more to ever see that again.

A permanent move to Indy was a bad choice, IMHO. I liked the rotating venues of DCI.

You live in California...of course you have this biased opinion LOL

I'm sure quite a few people have already purchased Airline tix at the better rates early on and are flying into Indianapolis. I think DCI's hands are almost tied as to having it elsewhere. The Horror of having to finding a 3rd venue...everyone would be at DCI"s throat. I hate to say it..but Finals shouldv'e been back in Madison if there was any remote posssiblity that a completion issue could occur for Lucas Stadium for '08 Finals.

Edited by Zeke