Best on-field murder in Phantom's show?

217 members have voted

1. 1. Best Phantom murder?

• 1st guard dude (murdered by other guard dude; sword)
    • 2nd guard chick (murdered by drum major; knife)
    • 3rd guard dude (murdered by hornline; horns)

the entire rose bowl gasped out loud for murder # 2

exactly, that's the problem. half of them were non drum corps people. what kind of image does this portray to them?

Edited by 27Socal

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not teaching our kids to view it cavalierly? Did you read the previous responses from these "good will ambassadors of drum corps" in this thread? I am embarrassed that these jerks are part of today's drum corps activity. If they are currently marching, their corps management needs to kick their butts. This is a stain on the entire activity. Do you think George Bonfiglio or Gail Royer would have allowed their kids to talk this way? No friggin way.

You know, there was a Seinfeld episode dealing with people making out in a movie theater during Schindler's List. It doesn't mean that Spielberg was "teaching" people to not take those events seriously, or intending for it to eventually end up on a sitcom. I'm pretty sure he never saw that one coming. The same thing goes for the Regiment staff and this particular poll.

You're all over the place with your assumptions--which posts, exactly, do you consider to be made by marching members, willfully (and, apparently, recklessly) allowed by corps staff? Or, did you just pull that out of your arse? (I'm still not sure what exactly this has to do with Bonfiglio or Royer, unless--and this is just a wild guess on my part--you're saying that the latter kept a tighter rein on how the members discussed "dead" color guard being carried off the field in 90? Again, I honestly don't know...)

exactly, that's the problem. half of them were non drum corps people. what kind of image does this portray to them?

If you're so worried about a sudden spike of murders in L.A., why don't you track down the non-corps people a the sjow and see if they've had teh urge./

Really.....it's not a valid argument....you might as well hide poor little Johnny away and keep him from ever seeing or hearing or being exposed to anythign remotely "bad" in order to protect him...which will REALLY mean he'll be woefully unprepared to deal with the real world.

Regiment's actions in this show are about as harmful to someone with a brain as any of the histories of Shakespeare (Henry V at Agincourt comes to mind)....someone getting turned on to the idea of killing someone because of the drum corps show has a LOT of other issues.

As in any marching musical group:

" don't #### with the drum major !"

:tongue:

How about a poll for how long before one of the mental defectives who created or answered this poll injures another person or themselves.

I would be more worried about what a crazy person like that is getting out of TV and movies these days than what they are getting out of a drum corps show.

Ok, how old are you? Because I can assure you, the younger crowd will eat this show up. It is something instantly understandable to non-drum corps fans and it is something that portrays the corps as intense, angry, anything really other than the band nerd stereotype. THAT is something that WILL attract new people to the activity. The type of individual we need to attract in order for drum corps to grow don't give a crap about what is or isn't "low class" or "bad public relations". This is my Army buddies' favorite DCI show ever, lol.

This year's Regiment show is doing more to promote the activity to the people who matter the most than any other show in recent memory. You are perhaps too out of touch with the younger generation to realize this. That or you're just a really out of touch young person. Either way... :tongue:

Yes, the non drum corps fan instantly understands this. They don't know crap about Spartacus. They see a graphic throat cutting, when they were expecting stars and stripes forever and the cute little cheerleaders. And then say to themselves, why did I pay to see THIS? No, we don't need goths and their like in drum corps. We saw their handywork at Columbine, Virginia Tech and other places. No thanks, we don't need people who don't give a #### about the image of drum corps or themselves.

No, I'm not out of touch. I have a teenager. I am way too in touch. I know BS when I see it. Drum corps is not going to grow because of staging murders on a football field. Just the opposite. RESPONSIBLE parents are not going to put up with this.

If you really are where your profile says you are, I thank you for your service. But, you, more than anyone else back here, knows that killing is not something that is cool or funny or should be glorified.

Nominated SPOY...stupidest poll of the year.

Garry in Vegas

It can very easily be changed. If enough people have the b*lls to tell dci and phantom to take it out, they will have to take it out. Or do they want to have even less money contributed to dci? Are the number of corps going up or down? Wake up!

Number of corps going down should be blamed on violence in a show ? When Suncoast formed a mushroom cloud drum corps should have become extinct.

Has anyone started "BOOing" Phantom for this ?

I will see it live next week but from what I'm reading here it seems like most people really enjoy it. When you have this many people responding in a positive light about ANYTHING in drum corps, I'm impressed.

Dude,

It's drum corps to you and me. People outside drum corps don't understand. This make drum corps look bad and low class from the outside. Did your instructors ever tell you about how to protect the drum corp image (public relations), i.e. how to act with the people out in the public? If you ever did this in some of the corps I marched with, you would have been out on your butt very quickly.

The ones that used paddles to "beat us into line?"

:tongue: