Its coming down to BD vs. Cavies

fa·ce·tious Pronunciation[fuh-see-shuhs]

–adjective

1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.

2. amusing; humorous.

3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

I'm 5'9". Actually 5'9.5" if you want to get technical, and I know you do. Rather average.

Thanks for proving us right!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People with Blue Devils avatars aren't allowed to be funny.

I thought everyone knew that? :w00t:

Edited by IMcomguy

I wouldn't count PR out of the top 3 at all....

I think the top 3 will end up being BD, Cavs and PR , not necessarily in that order.

I think the Bluecoats will end up in 7th.

Whats interesting is that with the re-emergence as PR as a potential tier-1 corps, and then Crown and Blooo starting to become giant killers.

My favorite is Crown....and I think that they are going to win it all by 2010. They have a great thing going...what disappoints me is that their Gaurd scores have been down this year...they used to consistently have, if not the best gaurd, then close to it....

If Crown can get their gaurd up, those extra 2 pts could help them break into the top 3, and I wouldnt be surprised if it happened. But PR has a strong show this year.

I wont make predictions as far as final rankings concern.

I hope that Blue Devils dont win. Thats only because Im just not a big fan of them. They dont resonate with me or something like that. Great corps, their show last year was awesome, just like other corps better.

Favorites are PR, Crown and Cadets.

Too early really to say anything though....anything could happen!

as far as the rest, well, never count out Spirit or the Knights. I think we'll see them on Finals.

Me thinks...

BD is Box 5 all the way. As much as I don't like BD, it's all their's to win.

Here's the upset... if anyone has a chance at BD, it's Regiment. They have the package and the players. With a few minor tweaks here and there, this could be there year. JD is a God when it comes to making mid-season re-writes, and that drum line is mighty is as clean as a young girl before prom. The show is solid. No less than 3rd, very possible 2nd, still possible first.

Cavi's will peak way to early. Show is not nearly as well designed as in the past. The talent is there, but they lack some serious GE, and I don't think it can be fixed.

4. Cadets

5. Crown

6. SCV

7. Blue

(Cadets, Crown and SCV all within a point and a half)

Hmmm. I'll state facts to differ here. In this 60th Anniversary of The Cavaliers, let us not forget how the Green Machine moniker was earned and the contribution to our sport or art. All respect for BD, SCV, Garfield, Boston, Madison, Phantom, Colts as a few of the remaining powers today, but to minimize Cavies as a fad of the recent decade is abit of an affront (to me and I'm sure a few thousand alums). And BTW, it's not only about taking home the ring -- the long-lasting fellowship of corps is the reward that keeps on giving!

Before DCI (Drum Corps International) was formed in the fall of 1971 by 13 corps including The Cavaliers, the American Legion and VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) conventions hosted annual national championship contests for junior corps. Here is the list of the National Champions of these competitions beginning in the year The Cavaliers first took the field. Year American Legion Champion VFW Champion DCI Champion Cavaliers Placement

1948 Osmond Cadets

1949 Holy Name Osmond Hurricanes

1950 Holy Name St. Vincents

1951 St. Vincents St. Vincents

1952 St. Vincents St. Vincents

1953 Holy Name St. Vincents

1954 Blessed Sacrament Blessed Sacrament

1955 Blessed Sacrament St. Vincents

1956 Blessed Sacrament St. Vincents 3rd (VFW)

1957 Blessed Sacrament Cavaliers 1st (VFW)

1958 Blessed Sacrament Blessed Sacrament 2nd (VFW), 3rd (Legion)

1959 Blessed Sacrament Cavaliers 1st (VFW), 2nd (Legion)

1960 Garfield Cadets Blessed Sacrament 2nd (VFW)

1961 Garfield Cadets Cavaliers 1st (VFW)

1962 Garfield Cadets Cavaliers 1st (VFW)

1963 Blessed Sacrament Cavaliers 1st (VFW)

1964 Garfield Cadets Kilties 3rd (VFW)

1965 Royal Airs Royal Airs 2nd (VFW)

1966 Cavaliers Troopers 2nd (VFW), 1st (Legion)

1967 Cavaliers Cavaliers 1st (VFW), 1st (Legion)

1968 St. Lucys Kilties 2nd (VFW)

1969 Cavaliers Kilties 2nd (VFW), 1st (Legion)

1970 Santa Clara Vanguard Troopers 3rd (VFW)

1971 Argonne Rebels Santa Clara Vanguard 2nd (Legion)

1972 Argonne Rebels Cavaliers Kingsmen 1st (VFW), 9th (DCI)

1973 unknown... Pembrooke Imperials Santa Clara Vanguard 15th (DCI)

1974 PAL Cadets Cavaliers Santa Clara Vanguard 8th (DCI), 1st (VFW)

1975 Marquis Argonauts Madison Scouts 8th (DCI)

1976 Auburn Black Watch Cavaliers Blue Devils 7th (DCI), 1st (VFW)

1977 Crossmen Blue Stars Blue Devils 7th (DCI), 2nd (VFW)

1978 L.I. Kingsmen Saginaires Santa Clara Vanguard 16th (DCI)

1979 L.I. Kingsmen L.I. Kingsmen Blue Devils 11th (DCI)

1980 Arabella Cavaliers & Madison Scouts Blue Devils 9th (DCI), 1st (VFW)

1981 Crossmen Santa Clara Vanguard 10th (DCI)

1982 Blue Devils 11th

1983 Garfield Cadets 9th

1984 Garfield Cadets 8th

1985 Garfield Cadets 5th

1986 Blue Devils 3rd

1987 Garfield Cadets 3rd

1988 Madison Scouts 5th

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard 3rd

1990 Cadets of Bergen County 2nd

1991 Star of Indiana 2nd

1992 The Cavaliers 1st

1993 The Cadets 5th

1994 Blue Devils 4th

1995 The Cavaliers 1st

1996 Blue Devils & Phantom Regiment 4th

1997 Blue Devils 7th

1998 The Cadets 4th

1999 Santa Clara Vanguard & Blue Devils 3rd

2000 The Cavaliers & The Cadets 1st

2001 The Cavaliers 1st

2002 The Cavaliers 1st

2003 Blue Devils 2nd

2004 The Cavaliers 1st

2005 The Cadets 2nd

2006 The Cavaliers 1st

2007 . . Blue Devils 3rd

[sorry, Matt, I guess I guess I went heads down writing reply as you were :) Like minds -- see ya at camp]

Dude, nice post, great effort, but it's all for not. Cavi's will NOT win this year. The show is clean as a whistle, but it lacks GE... and honestly, is pretty #### boring, and that's not just me saying that, it's the consensus of most here on DCP. This weekend, I predict a one point spread beween Cav's and Dev's, with the Dev's on top.

Edited by Newseditor44

fa·ce·tious Pronunciation[fuh-see-shuhs]

–adjective

1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.

2. amusing; humorous.

3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

I'm 5'9". Actually 5'9.5" if you want to get technical, and I know you do. Rather average.

Sarcasm misses a foothold in the hboyce household.

Here's the upset... if anyone has a chance at BD, it's Regiment. They have the package and the players. With a few minor tweaks here and there, this could be there year. JD is a God when it comes to making mid-season re-writes, and that drum line is mighty is as clean as a young girl before prom. The show is solid. No less than 3rd, very possible 2nd, still possible first.

agreed.

Cavi's will peak way to early. Show is not nearly as well designed as in the past. The talent is there, but they lack some serious GE, and I don't think it can be fixed.

I wonder how much of that can be assigned to the change of directorship....Bruno's been there for all the championship years I believe, but being a majopr staffer vs being the director are 2 different things, and it may take him a couple of years to get his own handle on the programming. BD went through the same thing when Gibbs took over from Moxley (91 and 92, anyone?).

I wonder how much of that can be assigned to the change of directorship....Bruno's been there for all the championship years I believe, but being a majopr staffer vs being the director are 2 different things, and it may take him a couple of years to get his own handle on the programming. BD went through the same thing when Gibbs took over from Moxley (91 and 92, anyone?).

Bruno has a kick butt staff. He isn't the only one making decisions here. Plus, I think he's doing a great job!