RAMD?

I miss Jay Wise. He always seemed to have good insight.

I think I had one of these Cybercorps t-shirts once.

RAMD was fun back in the day of 9600 modems. I was flying through the text back then.......

Why feel guilty? The guard is supposed to be depicting slaves at the feet of their masters begging for protection or mercy. It just looks like something else.

AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT FUNNY.

Now if the direction from the tower said something like, "OK ladies, on your knees it's BJ time," THAT would be offensive, degrading and wrong.

If you want to see women degraded and worse, come overseas with me next time I go. If you want to laugh at an unfortunate photograph, go to the LOL corps thread.

The comments on page 138 of that thread, in fact, did refer to " BJ time "

When the follow up comments was made after the poster posted it there that " Phantom sucks!! "..... and another poster followed up with " Phantom blows !!", are you telling me ( and others ) that the posters are referring to " the depiction of slaves " from the theme " Spartacus " and that the comments refer to the fact that the posters do not like Phantom's show " depicting slaves " by saying the Corps " sucks " and another, the Corps " blows " ?

Com'on..... ger real. EVERYBODY knows what those comments after the picture of the women guard member circled in the picture refers too.

NOBODY should try and kid kid themselves here now that the intro of that picture was about " depicting slaves at the feet of their masters", and for a discussion of that depiction and the Phantom Corps in general.

Edited by BRASSO

I can definitely see Brasso's point now that I put my "dad" hat on...and sit here and remember the screams on DCP of drum corps being what?

ALL ABOUT THE KIDS?!?!?!?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...in THAT context, those pics ARE pretty...uhhhh...bad. To say the least...I wonder what the DADS of each of those two girls is saying right now?

I can definitely see Brasso's point now that I put my "dad" hat on...and sit here and remember the screams on DCP of drum corps being what?

ALL ABOUT THE KIDS?!?!?!?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...in THAT context, those pics ARE pretty...uhhhh...bad. To say the least...I wonder what the DADS of each of those two girls is saying right now?

RAMD was, and is, disgusting. DCP is generally pretty good regarding monitoring.

But I never saw vile pictures like that on RAMD. Nor comments made that were as demeaning to a performing Corps member as on that thread. ( just my 2 cents worth here )

Imagine if that hard working guard member comes home from tour and checks in, and sees herself depicted like this. And DCP'ers laughing at this depiction. And the thread allowed to continue for her possibly to " learn " about this from her friends and family ?

Nice, huh ?

Edited by BRASSO

Hmmm, just read the last few posts on this thread....Time to lock 'er down? (now where's my "in before the lock" pic?)

I've always been pretty much of a lurker, but I started on RAMD in the early 90's, probably nearly from the beginning. I used to get the information as some type of listserv sent to my email address at work, and then once the "internet" access started, I guess I was going to RAMD directly. I do have the lovely teal green cybercorps shirt (I'm listed in the pit). There was some guy from NCR in Atlanta (I also worked for NCR) who used to coordinate the shirts and I used to think "how are you doing this from work?" Hmmm . . . What ever happened to him . . .Bluecoats driver I think?

Ann

I've always been pretty much of a lurker, but I started on RAMD in the early 90's, probably nearly from the beginning. I used to get the information as some type of listserv sent to my email address at work, and then once the "internet" access started, I guess I was going to RAMD directly. I do have the lovely teal green cybercorps shirt (I'm listed in the pit). There was some guy from NCR in Atlanta (I also worked for NCR) who used to coordinate the shirts and I used to think "how are you doing this from work?" Hmmm . . . What ever happened to him . . .Bluecoats driver I think?

Ann

Get me a name and I'll let you know. Most of the drivers were parents of members or FMMs back then, there were only a few hired guns and I think most of them worked for ASC, which Ted Swaldo owned at the time. (He just retired last month)

RAMD was, and is, disgusting. DCP is generally pretty good regarding monitoring.

But I never saw vile pictures like that on RAMD. Nor comments made that were as demeaning to a performing Corps member as on that thread. ( just my 2 cents worth here )

Imagine if that hard working guard member comes home from tour and checks in, and sees herself depicted like this. And DCP'ers laughing at this depiction. And the thread allowed to continue for her possibly to " learn " about this from her friends and family ?

Nice, huh ?

The "lolcorps" images you are referring to have been removed.

Again, if you have an issue with a particular thread or post, please make use of the report button on the lower left hand side of each post to bring it to the attention of the moderation staff.

Your concern is admirably noted . . .but in order for us to provide the quickest service to the members of the DCP Community, the reporting tool is usually your best bet. :tongue:

The "lolcorps" images you are referring to have been removed.

Again, if you have an issue with a particular thread or post, please make use of the report button on the lower left hand side of each post to bring it to the attention of the moderation staff.

Your concern is admirably noted . . .but in order for us to provide the quickest service to the members of the DCP Community, the reporting tool is usually your best bet. :tongue:

good bawker..... and I'll be sure to use the reporting tool as suggested in the futue if I believe there may be a call for it again.

DCP has just shown good judgement here once something clearly over the line is brought to their attention. RAMD has no such mechanism in place.

Thanks again.

she claimed she was, but she never registered. Stuart Rice tho I believe was booted

She did register, and posted here one time, after Truman Crawford passed away, to inform everyone that the "official" discussion thereof would be taking place on RAMD. Beyond that, she has never posted on here. I don't recall Stuart Rice ever registering, let alone being banned...if he was, it was in that year or so after DCP was founded but before I became a moderator.

As for Ken Mazur, I agree that he had/has a wealth of knowledge and history to offer. My problem with him was always that his general method of discussion consisted of "If you don't drum like me, then obviously you suck and know nothing about drumming." Not a recipe for good discussion.