RAMD?

You think THAT was interesting...try having an "argument" with Ken Mazur. YIKES!!! He crushed me like a worm.

Silverdots, yep, when he argued, he was loaded for bear and took no prisoners

I still like the news report from the dykepines trailor park

Oh, my another one I had many a 'conversation' with.

<cue nasally ethnic NY accent and wildly waving arms> "Oooooh, Oooooooh, Mr. Kotter! Mr. Kotter!"

Do I get included on that "august" list? :blink:

I remember those guys, Mike Cahill, Ken Mazur, et al. Yes, a tough crowd. Very opinionated, nothing like what we see on DCP nowadays. :blink:

Another list I didn't make.

me neither.I miss Snappette's Mom. :blink:

[edit :blink:]

Edited by skajerk

Hello! My name is Ryan.

Hello Ryan.

And I used to be hooked on RAMD!

That's ok Ryan.

Then, I got hooked on WOP and DCP, and now I'm on TB2K and GLP and TOL.

You're weird Ryan.

Hello. My name is Ryan. I've got problems.

Ya know...RAMD used to be fun. Actually I made a lot of friends (VKGarry to name one off the top of my head...Alan Armstrong too if I'm not mistaken, etc, etc) up there and then took the dive into Dixon's playground, and I sort of never looked back. OK OK OK...that's not true. I have looked back, but it's sort of like looking at scene of an accident and you cringe when you see what's laying on the side of the road. There's only so much I can take of Burr, that crazy ex-VK guy, and some dude who was a professor somewhere. GAG!!! Sorry...that was an involuntary gag.

OK, I'm hurt. Though I rarely check back, and even more rarely post anymore, I posted a LOT from 97 to 03/04 or so. My lovely bride (Skywench) was even Best New Poster on the gRAMDies, and we both made the HoF.

Perhaps I should resort to my old signature.

VKG

PS Thanks for the mention, Ryan!

I used to be on RAMD all the time. Walker was my name, but because my name was "Cathy" I often got confused with "You know who". It was a time before DCP and when you had to wait days to get DCI.org to post scores. I met some amazing people - one which went onto the Patriots bus in New Jersery to gently remind my kids to phone home. And a couple of years later, another who sought out my son at a Crossmen rehearsal & took a picture of him for me so I could see how he was faring. [edit.... LOL, I just noticed that picture is the last one on the link to Sis's gallery for RAMD personalities that Jim posted :blink: ]

I left because someone set up a bot that sent nasty emails out to people under my name and I couldn't bear to have people think that I would say such things. And by that time DCP and DCI.org were able to fill the gap.

Still, I miss Andyroo and NanciD and Ron Allard, and VKGarry and Skywench and Sis and all the rest of the good guys. I really felt like I had made friends.

Edited by DrumCorpsMom

JimF-xWSMBari (too lazy to change it).....

Hope no one minds but I found Sis' flickr page for RAMDites (3 pages of clickable thumbnails).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramd/tags/ramdpersonalities/

I had also put a RAMD picture page up on Homestead.com when they were offering free web sites.

Hi, long time lurker, rarely poster here on DCP.

I remember the moment when I stopped reading RAMD. It was after DCP had first started and there were about 5 people posting on here and when Catherine started posting obituaries from around the world of every human being who had ever been involved in something like a drum & bugle corps. There would be just dozens of posts every day of some random person who died who once played a valve-rotor bugle back in the day in some community parade corps.

That's when I stopped being a RAMD lurker and came to DCP. CRAZY memories from when I was in high school and college!!

Ok, back to lurking...