Championship Shows You Didn't Like

Ugh, this thread is why I've reduced my participation here the last several months.

Which corps do you hate?

• Like 6

The White House Press Corps.

They can be pretty annoying. Most of 'em get paid a lot to park and bark, while others, don't even bark, they just park.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

You know this as fact? Several staff members from that era would disagree.

I did march there during that time...

I'll take the Cavies dominant years any day over what's winning now. Those were energy packed shows with lots of wow moments. I don't know what the Hell BD is doing half the time. Like the guard member staggering on the stage last year. Seriously?

I have never watched a single Fellini film so I didn't understanding what the staggering guard member was referring to either. I also wasn't familiar with the Dada movement. Sometimes not knowing what BD is doing can also make it interesting. I may have no clue about what I'm looking at/listening to but it's always done very well.

If I want to know more I'll look it up or try to figure it out based on what other members on this forum are saying. The problem with the latter is that you sometimes get people who talk down to those who don't understand what the show is about so people don't bother asking questions.

• Like 4

The problem with the latter is that you sometimes get people who talk down to those who don't understand what the show is about so people don't bother asking questions.

Yep. And oftentimes their inability or unwillingness to explain when asked leads me to suspect they don't have a clue themselves, but just want to jump on the "I'm more sophisticated than you" bandwagon. Like people that go to art museums and put others down for not being able to understand a sculpture that turns out to be an empty pedestal.

• Like 2

Actually jjeffory, this particular post is about championship shows people didn't like. It has nothing to do with hating corps. Or it shouldn't be about that.

Ugh, this thread is why I've reduced my participation here the last several months.

Which corps do you hate?

I guess that's a cynical way to look at this topic but what do you expect...? Obviously if someone doesn't like a certain style and a corps bases their identity on this style, people will end up not liking most if not all of this corps' shows. I doubt it's anything personal that people have against the corps being listed here.

• Like 1

Which corps do you hate?

Yeah, these types of discussion often devolve into that type of nonsense. However, if we could have legit discourse on why we don't like specific Champion shows could make for interesting conversation