Championship Shows You Didn't Like

07 BD- first couple minutes- awesome. after that-very meh

Now see, that's where we differ....the opening up to the drum break was Ok for me....but the closing segment (Heaven) THAT was pure awesomeness to me...I LOVED how Wayne stuck in the Beethoven's 9th quote at the very end...I didn;t even realize that was part of the 1970 horn book -- the first year -- until I looked it up!

I could never get into 02 Cavies, that show is a yawn musically.

Interesting that the oldest show mentioned here is 1989. Is it that people don't know the earlier shows, or that everyone loved every championship show prior to 1989?

Interesting that the oldest show mentioned here is 1989. Is it that people don't know the earlier shows, or that everyone loved every championship show prior to 1989?

I can't think of a championship show prior to 1989 that I didn't like (and I've seen them all since 1974). The closest would be SCV 1978.

Of all the championship shows that I am really familiar with (back to about 1982), I really like all of them. If had had to choose my least favorite, I would honestly have to say Phantom Regiment 1996. The music in many places and especially at the end is outstanding, but the drill is a little dry and the show stagnates for me at times. I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought BD was on another level performance wise.

Other shows closer to the bottom of my champions list:

SCV 1989

Cavaliers 1992

Cavaliers 2006

too young, im lucky ive seen the ones from the 80s that i have seen. thank you peer-peer sharing programs :shutup:

HAH! Garfield 1984. As I've stated many times on DCP, I'm well over West Side Story, and most of the drill is absolutely unattractive to me. (But yes, I liked the boxes.) It's apples=oranges, but BD's show from 84 wee-wees all over this one. It may also have something to do with the almost Notre-Dame-like sense of entitlement we perceived to be hanging over Garfield that year.

2006 & 2007.

I so disagree with '94 BD being cut and paste. I've got the "My Spanish Heart" album, and their show is a *very* faithful arrangement of the Corea tunes. There's no hack/slash arranging in there - it's all very close to the original.

Mike

'Give me BD's " cut and paste " 94 Finals performance Championship show any day of the week, thank you very much.

Edited by BRASSO