Championship Shows You Didn't Like

98 Cadets - Stonehenge.

With the exception of the ripple flag thing they did in the corner, which was genius, much of the show seemed really drab and the music was kind of a downer. It just struck me as being very stiff and I had trouble getting into it. I usually love Cadets, but this one is low on my list.

Also, and I know this is blasphemous, but I'm not a huge fan of 89 SCV. Mainly because I LOVE the 88 version. There was some better execution in 89, but visually a lot of it was a pale imitation of what they had done the year before, and it was no where near as theatrical or emotional.

Madison 88

Sacrilege!!! :shutup::shutup:

For me:

90 Cadets (the reversing Z pull was cool, but I much prefered Star that year)

94 BD....took me a long time to get into this one at all...

98 Cadets (for the reason stated above)

03 BD (meh....the beginning and ending awesome...the middle, not so much)

1971 - INT

I have never been a fan of the '92 Cavies show. I saw most of the top 12 that year and my three favorites from that year were Star, BD, and SCV. I didn't get to see Cadets live, but did see Cavies in Bloomington at DCI Mid-America. No comparison for me. Some say Star was cheesy, and SCV was "old school" but there was no comparison when it came to connecting with the audience. Cavies just leaves me flat.

It pains me to say this... but SCV 1999 is a show I am truly not a fan of.

After that, I would say 1997 BD and 2006 Cavies

??????

:shutup:

Hahah Thanks I changed it.

Edited by Zeke

I'll have to second 1992 Cavaliers.

Not that the show isn't good . . .Gavorkna Fanfare is a great opener. . . .but the show really doesn't ever lock in for me, even after all these years.

It's performed well, but it seems so disjointed in the way it's put together that I really though that Cadets of Bergen County "To Tame The Perilous Skies" would end up winning.

For me, '98 Cadets top the list - I just can *not* get into the music. Visual was nice, though. :)

2003 BD - the first minute is spectacular, and then I just zone out after that.

2006 Cavaliers - I love the 2nd song (starting with the magnets) but the appeal of that show is in the visual, not the music.

That's about it for me.

Mike