Your personal Favorite Corps

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Troopers - no need to explain, I think

2. SCV - loved them the first moment I saw them. The comments about "attitude" definitely contribute to my love for SCV.

3. Madison - also loved them the first time I saw them. They have similar swagger and attitude mentioned about SCV.

4. Suncoast - a corps way, way ahead of its time

5. Phantom - always love the repertoire, the sharp look of the unis, the ability to put me on the edge of my seat (yay for 2008!)

I have a variety of other faves that float in and out for me, but the five above are always on my list.

Cavalies, Blue Knights and Bluecoats. Just look at the sig. Or you can read my finals review to learn why the Cavaliers are my favorites. SCV, Madison Scouts, Phantom Regiment have all been favorites over strecthes of time, but those first three have consistently been my favorites since I became a fan. I have to give a shout to Esperanza, too. I really enjoyed their shows while they were around.

My top 2, in a deadlock tie, are Carolina Crown and Santa Clara Vanguard. The poster who detailed SCV's undeniable badassery hit the nail on the head for me. SCV's cymbals are my favorite group anywhere in the drum corps or even marching arts diaspora. As for Crown, part of it is that I'm a shameless homer (who currently lives in NC) but they've always been the "crowd pleaser" to me, and particularly as the corps I see most often (they host my local shows) I've fallen deep in like with them. It was further cemented for me when Iwas at a session put on by Crown and their COO stated that winning the Fan Favorite (Spirit of Disney) award meant more to them than a gold medal. With that attitude and the talent on staff and in the corps, I see both in their future.

Crossmen

Phantom

SCV

Crown

1. Santa Clara Vanguard - I saw this corps back in 2001 but I didn't know what drum corps was. I was just a high school sophomore and thought that them and Cadets were amazing marching bands. But I remember everybody singing New Era at band camp. However, once I did know what drum corps was I attended a show in San Diego on July 5th, 2004 and the rest was history. I knew at that point I had to be in that corps someday.

2. Capital Regiment - My first drum corps experience. I learned a lot about the activity and about other corps as I had the chance to watch the top corps compete several times throughout the summer.

3. Academy - Heading into my senior year of high school I still didn't know what drum corps but I attended a leadership camp that Academy clinic at. When I watched them perform in the auditorium and how loud and amazing they sounded I became hooked. I began talking to a couple of guys from my high school in the brass line throughout the marching season. I later on auditioned for them on tuba but barely got over a serious sickness, and needless to say I got cut. But I still owe a lot to this corps for introducing me to the activitiy and to Santa Clara.

Carolina Crown- Their the hometown corps, and the growth over the past few years has been tremendous.

Madison Scouts- Such energy and power.

Phantom Regiment- Love their music

I have six corps that always come up as my favorite ones. No particular order:

Suncoast

Crossmen

Star

Pioneer

Sky Ryders

Vanguard