Cadets Classy Retreat

Actually, they did that in 98, 99, and 2000. I think in 01 too, but I was on deployment so I didn't see it.

So what was the point of bringing this up?

an earlier post referenced corps not bringing attention to themselves during retreat:

the approach of the corps does absolutely nothing to call attention to itself

I never really thought of it as disrespectful but it definitely caught my eye. If I recall the guard work continued all through the score announcements.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this forum is typically used by many to trash the Cadets, I sure hope that everybody noticed that they handled retreat last night with the uptmost of class which can't be said about many of the other corps.

I was particularly disappointed with the behavior of the Cavaliers as they mocked the Blue Devils by entering the field mimicking the tight rope walking done by BD in their show. Perhaps some of the other corps directors should contact Hopkins to see how to instill some discipline in their corps and show their members how to represent their corps in an appropriate manner when in uniform.

If DCI did retreats more often at more shows, maybe corps would have more practice at being a class act instead of all the horseplay and messing around on such an important night as finals.

Edited by Austin Stars

an earlier post referenced corps not bringing attention to themselves during retreat:

Oh okay. I understand. My apologies.

Where are the lawn chairs when you need them? That's what I call classy! :worthy: If VK ever makes it back to World Class finals, the entire corps should bring sitting utensils.

what year was it when the Cadets had a girl doing guard work all through retreat? 01?
I know they did that in Denver '04. The guard member in the circle was an age-out. I'm not sure if they've done it since then or not.

Oh please, come down off the cross, someone needs the wood...there was a time, when Cadets were very disrespectful to the "idea" of retreat, and public opinion forced them to stop.

All corps are all things and no one corps stands out, they are all human, all kids, the end of their season...oh, and Cavaliers werent "mocking" they were having fun with the friends they have in other corps. Its not the 70's anymore, corps are actually friendly, can you belive that ??

Geoffrey

On the whole, yes corps are much friendly nowadays. But you should hear some of the trash talk I've heard when in the stands and in retreat block....

Oh please, come down off the cross, someone needs the wood...there was a time, when Cadets were very disrespectful to the "idea" of retreat, and public opinion forced them to stop.

All corps are all things and no one corps stands out, they are all human, all kids, the end of their season...oh, and Cavaliers werent "mocking" they were having fun with the friends they have in other corps. Its not the 70's anymore, corps are actually friendly, can you belive that ??

Geoffrey

I also would like to know WHEN in the 75 year history of this corps did this happen. UNBELIEVEABLE

Members of this corps have ALWAYS been a class act !!!!!!!!!!!

This from the Phantom Regiment article on finals:

"And a special thank-you to the Cavaliers for their kind gesture of congratulations after the show."

I thought I saw on the DCI.org video of interviews of Regiment members, SCV members congratulating Regiment members after the show. Very cool.

This from the Phantom Regiment article on finals:

"And a special thank-you to the Cavaliers for their kind gesture of congratulations after the show."

I thought I saw on the DCI.org video of interviews of Regiment members, SCV members congratulating Regiment members after the show. Very cool.

Cavaliers came forward toward the stands and looped back around in single file, walking past the left side of Phantom's block. In the video that DCI posted immediately after the show, there's a spot where they're interviewing a guy from Phantom, and you can see Cavaliers members walking past behind him. You couldn't tell what was being said from the stands of course, but I'm glad to hear that it was all class.