After all the staff changes, your 2009 predictions

Hmm, everyone seems to think that staff turnover = lower placement for Bloo.

I'm compelled to ponder "why?"

What if Bloo finds equally-qualified and/or better-qualified replacements?

Would you still put Bloo lower, considering those possibilites? has anyone even considered those possibilities?

Something...SOMETHING...causes people to think (based on their experience, no doubt) that a corps generally FALLS in placement after major staff turnover, NO MATTER WHO FILLS THE SPOTS. Sunds like an INERTIAL problem to me... :whistle:

Yes, Bloo will finish lower because they have no CI and all the other corps have plenty of CI!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm calling it, right now! Pioneer will crack the top 5, placing 5th, with an uptempo and agressive show dedicated to Sinn Fein! In 2010, they will come out with a program based on Irish horror by playing music from the Leprechaun movies!

Edited by shortn'sour

1. Holy Name

2. Cavaliers

3. BD/Phantom

4. Phantom/BD

5. Crown

6. SCV

7. Blue Stars

8. Bluecoats

9. Madison

10. Blue Knights

11. BAC

12. Crossmen

Too many qualified for top 8. Makes it difficult.

1) Holy Name Cadets - I think we can expect something amazing this year.

2) Cavaliers - With Drew writing their brass book, things will be great for them.

3) Phantom Regiment - Another great show design with outstanding execution.

4) BD - so-so design with excellent execution.

5-7) Bluecoats, Vanguard and Crown in any order.

8) Blue stars - Hopefully will come on strong after an amazing 08 season, just wont have enough power to overtake the top 7.

9) Madison - a FANTASTIC crowd pleaser that is performed better than last year due to more experienced membership.

10) Blue Knights

11) Glassmen

12) Crossmen

Yes, Bloo will finish lower because they have no CI and all the other corps have plenty of CI!

Sarcasm...?

These mean nothing. Its bold at least

1. Cadets. real drum corps could get a win here.

2. Phantom- coming off of 08, another fan favorite. they tie for first, but lose the tiebreaker.

3. Crown- More upward movement. 3rd in 09, 1st in '10. Mark it down. Wins brass.

4. Cavaliers- Its an even year for the cavaliers... so i cant drop em too much.

5. BD- the adsurbity this year is that theyre all the way down to 5th,

6. Blue Stars- Combine some great new staff with a group with not so many rookies as in 08, and now recruiting from the place of being in 8th as opposed to 14th, the corps continues its climb upward.

7. SCV- at the end of the season they announce their next year's show "~"

8. Bluecoats- love them, the top 8 is very competitive this year.

9. Madison- if they come out like they ended (though they coulda said the same for 07) they could make some noise.

10. Glassmen- after having to pay to clean up all the balloons from last year (:P) the corps nearly folds, but that makes them come out with an attitude

11. Boston- Big secret for next year... they play conquest. omg.

12. BK- their 2009 show, Knight of the Living dead, achieves a highly entertaining show, taking the killing title from phantom and taking it to an adsurb level. One guard member is initially a zombie, infects the rest, and the rest of the corps tries (ultimately unsuccessfully) to fight them off. Look for guard members spinning limbs and small drums that look like severed heads. Unfortunately they take a big penalty when they take the theatrics a bit far and a member bites off a judge's arm.

13. Crossmen

14. Pioneer (you said bold ######!)

15. Colts

16. Spirit

17. Troop

18. PC

19. Jersey Surf

20. Academy

21. Mandarins

22. Cap Reg

12. BK- their 2009 show, Knight of the Living dead, achieves a highly entertaining show, taking the killing title from phantom and taking it to an adsurb level. One guard member is initially a zombie, infects the rest, and the rest of the corps tries (ultimately unsuccessfully) to fight them off. Look for guard members spinning limbs and small drums that look like severed heads. Unfortunately they take a big penalty when they take the theatrics a bit far and a member bites off a judge's arm.

That's inspired! :cool:

So what is the music that goes with it?

I thought this would be fun to see the movement people think will happen.

1. The Cadets

I see a Corps angry at how it's been seen for the past few years ready to charge itself back into first place. Will be ahead by at least a point for most of season

2. The Cavaliers

After winning 5 of the last 9 years, it must be hard for The Cavaliers to sit in third place for two years running. Expect a different book from the hornline, but still with a strong focus on visual package (like always)

3. Blue Devils

I think the focus of the two corps above them will be enough to hold them down to 3rd.

4. Carolina Crown

This corps is here to stay in the top 4, ready to move up if any corps above shows weakness.

5. Phantom Regiment

Just like 2007, I expect another great show that just doesn't feel as right as the year before.

6. SCV

Young corps that is moving on to a second year under a new brass staff.

7. Blue Stars

Same as SCV, hungry corps ready to move up and claw any corps above it. Expect them, SCv, and Bc to fight all year.

8. Bluecoats

Unfortunately, this is the biggest fall I see, with lots of members going elsewhere, and a lot of staff changes.

9. Blue Knights

10th. Boston Crusaders

11th. Madison Scouts

12th. Glassmen

I mostly agree with this, but I see The Cadets and Cavies swapping a bit throughout the season..up to finals.