hazing/misconduct

1 minute ago, J.Keith said:

Dear Terri, I never post on here. Go to Cadets thread...As a former Cadet I called them out on something and people just pounced me! Ha ha! Was talking about that monster being in the thumbnail of a video on yea/Cadets YouTube channel...he is still there too and center and these guys are telling me that the back of a man blonde hair and beard addressing Corps was not him...unless he has a twin I called it for what is was...how dare I

I personally cringe at the thought of the man but it's going to be nearly impossible to erase all those years of him being director.  I think they’re trying but he was pretty much the face of the Cadets for decades.  

If I could wave a magic wand and all traces of him would be gone, I would.  But in erasing him, you also erase the work and accomplishments of thousands of Cadets of those decades. I know you don’t want that.  You’re a Cadet.  They are what’s important.   Not him.  He’s nothing in Drum Corps now.  And hopefully we never see him again. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bluzes said:

I am sure you have and will continue to do so. You seem to have influence over dci somewhat, use it.

Hardly. I’m just a loud mouth pain in the ###

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, J.Keith said:

Dear Terri, I never post on here. Go to Cadets thread...As a former Cadet I called them out on something and people just pounced me! Ha ha! Was talking about that monster being in the thumbnail of a video on yea/Cadets YouTube channel...he is still there too and center and these guys are telling me that the back of a man blonde hair and beard addressing Corps was not him...unless he has a twin I called it for what is was...how dare I

Nobody pounced on you.  We were trying to figure out what you were saying and what you were referring to, as your initial post was somewhat misleading.  Also, we were trying to understand whether you contacted YEA directly, as opposed to going on DCP to call everyone's attention to the thing you are saying no one should have to see.

Did YEA respond and refuse to take it down?  That would be an issue.

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I personally cringe at the thought of the man but it's going to be nearly impossible to erase all those years of him being director.  I think they’re trying but he was pretty much the face of the Cadets for decades.  

If I could wave a magic wand and all traces of him would be gone, I would.  But in erasing him, you also erase the work and accomplishments of thousands of Cadets of those decades. I know you don’t want that.  You’re a Cadet.  They are what’s important.   Not him.  He’s nothing in Drum Corps now.  And hopefully we never see him again. 

Terri, it just sickened me that my friend from 87 cadets had his friend whom was harmed by him and just wanted to see what the unity show was about and went on channel and saw him....At top of main page FRONT and CENTER and she from what he told me was not well rest of the night! I mean I get what you say, but to still have him in a thumbnail at top center of your page....that should not be. I am sorry

3 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

DCI is pretty much nothing but the directors of the corps bringing stuff up and voting on it. The corps themselves are the legislative board of DCI. If something is not in the rules already, there is no enforcement. And the only enforcement seems to be Dan Acheson having a conversation with someone to try and fix an issue. There is no independent governing panel that hands out punishments that I'm aware of. 

Several corps boards are being very proactive with things

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

A couple of things from the guidelines, in case people aren't familiar:

Members shall not post --

--any reference to material considered political or religious in nature

--off-topic posts in a thread. (if you want to talk about something else, start a new thread.)

The place wouldn’t have a post then

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Understand some corps don’t allow members to post or even read dcp. And doubt if the corps know who is posting on reddit or stuff would really hit the fan.

They don’t know on here either. Reddit is more kid trendy 

1 minute ago, J.Keith said:

Terri, it just sickened me that my friend from 87 cadets had his friend whom was harmed by him and just wanted to see what the unity show was about and went on channel and saw him....At top of main page FRONT and CENTER and she from what he told me was not well rest of the night! I mean I get what you say, but to still have him in a thumbnail at top center of your page....that should not be. I am sorry

Maybe they will work on that after it’s been brought to their attention. I certainly understand how it makes her feel.  I think about my bad experience every time I hear about these things.  

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Maybe they will work on that after it’s been brought to their attention. I certainly understand how it makes her feel.  I think about my bad experience every time I hear about these things.  

Yeah I think yea has many bigger fish to fry

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Nobody pounced on you.  We were trying to figure out what you were saying and what you were referring to, as your initial post was somewhat misleading.  Also, we were trying to understand whether you contacted YEA directly, as opposed to going on DCP to call everyone's attention to the thing you are saying no one should have to see.

Did YEA respond and refuse to take it down?  That would be an issue.

Skevnip, I told their social media team on instagram..and after thinking about your comment”to call everyone’s attention to the thing you are saying no one should see.” I don’t want one former Cadet he harmed to go to watch a current cadets vid and still see an image of that piece of filth on the MAIN page of your channel! Just shedding light , my good sir, on some ugliness that is still there. If you don’t get that , then I have nothing else to say! They do have staff that can get rid of the obvious up front images that still linger! I respect you, but your comment did not even come close to what my intention was. Some of you really need to get the DCI fan glasses off and see when someone is just trying to shed light and not darkness! See ya!!!!

Edited by J.Keith
  • Like 1