hazing/misconduct

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Several corps boards are being very proactive with things

Oh I understand this. I meant other than corps governing and enforcing themselves, there really isn't much other than that.

49 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Well that and other reasons

Well I gave the reason that pro banning people will willing to admit lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

They don’t know on here either. Reddit is more kid trendy 

Oh, people find out easily. Not the past year or so BUT DCP night among members of some corps were quite amusing. A lot of the characters aren't here the past year or so. Just a few left and much tamer. lol Right about Reddit

Kids sent home or warned is usually because of the FB stuff 

Edited by GUARDLING

If even 50% of the stuff I read on reddit about Pioneer before the season is true, it is beyond negligent to have let them tour this season.  Things have to change now.  I can’t support this organization (DCI) if it continues like this.

9 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

If even 50% of the stuff I read on reddit about Pioneer before the season is true, it is beyond negligent to have let them tour this season.  Things have to change now.  I can’t support this organization (DCI) if it continues like this.

What if the kids want to finish the season, which is almost over, and someone is watching them from here on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jasgre2000 said:

Let them? Who is going to not let them tour? That's just beyond stupid. Force a corps to remove a director? Ok, I can see that happening in unofficial ways. I guess the directors of other corps could go to Pio's board and threaten to remove them from touring unless they fire their director. But then you open a can of worms over lost competition revenue, and members all of a sudden having nowhere to march, etc. It can get messy in court. 

What happens in one corps is no other corps' business. Not saying that that is right, I'm saying that's how it's always been, and for a reason. The corps have control over DCI. They themselves run it. The alternative is to not run it. That's more dangerous IMO. 

This stuff will work itself out.

There's abuse all.over this world. The kind of abuse we're reading about here in Pio is first world abuse. Many kids around the world would kill for a spot in Pio, even if they knew how it is right now. 

Sorry but that's the truth. There are kids that get a foot chopped off if they steal something from the diamond mine they are forced to.work at so.you can show off your excess.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Let them? Who is going to not let them tour? That's just beyond stupid. Force a corps to remove a director? Ok, I can see that happening in unofficial ways. I guess the directors of other corps could go to Pio's board and threaten to remove them from touring unless they fire their director. But then you open a can of worms over lost competition revenue, and members all of a sudden having nowhere to march, etc. It can get messy in court. 

What happens in one corps is no other corps' business. Not saying that that is right, I'm saying that's how it's always been, and for a reason. The corps have control over DCI. They themselves run it. The alternative is to not run it. That's more dangerous IMO. 

There's abuse all.over this world. The kind of abuse we're reading about here in Pio is first world abuse. Many kids around the world would kill for a spot in Pio, even if they knew how it is right now. 

Sorry but that's the truth. There are kids that get a foot chopped off if they steal something from the diamond mine they are forced to.work at so.you can show off your excess.

I'm sorry, but that is absolute nonsense.  That is not how professional organizations are run.  There are already standards in place for world class corps.  Being able to feed MMs and get them the medical attention must be one of those standards, if it isn't already.  To say that is none of the other corps' business is beyond absurd.  What happens in one corps effects everyone in the activity.  I don't have a big problem with the corps themselves controlling the board of DCI.  Many organizations are run that way, including the NFL and the NCAA.  But that doesn't excuse the complete negligence that is allowing a corps to abuse MMs in this way.  DCI absolutely has the power and the right to demand that member corps meet certain standards, and they need to exercise it.  You can't tell me this is acceptable to all the other corps directors.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I’ve never understood the mentality behind “if there is someone experiencing something worse out there, then your own struggles are meaningless” 

It is acceptable to have standards. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

"Why do you care so much that I don't do a thing around the house, act cold to your family & friends, get moody for no reason and expect you to put up with it? You know there are some husbands out there who BEAT their wives?! Just be grateful I don't beat you!!"

That's all I ever hear when people think the other-people-are-going-through-worse argument is valid.

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 1