hazing/misconduct

7 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

If I may, to sum up the situation. There are two corps that came under scrutiny one since last year and the other early spring.The latter is center stage in this thread.  The other corps is already on the right path with corrective actions in place but that is the one on probation and the primary discussion corps is not. Where does the forum stand on any of this? Have they performed spot inspections of the probation corps, did they seek out input from the MMs anywhere on the tour or is probation at dci just lip service. Inquiring and concerned minds would like to know?

DCI is pretty much nothing but the directors of the corps bringing stuff up and voting on it. The corps themselves are the legislative board of DCI. If something is not in the rules already, there is no enforcement. And the only enforcement seems to be Dan Acheson having a conversation with someone to try and fix an issue. There is no independent governing panel that hands out punishments that I'm aware of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

And the only enforcement seems to be Dan Acheson having a conversation with someone to try and fix an issue.  

And if a conversation took place you'd think DCI would make it known to the D&BC community to help lower peoples BP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

And if a conversation took place you'd think DCI would make it known to the D&BC community to help lower peoples BP.

All that would do is stir up more speculation on here. And then you get more rumors and more controversy. They didn't do enough. They did too much. X will happen. No, Y will happen. 

Honestly I'd rather the problems be fixed in the back room without everyone knowing about it. 

I imagine the next DCI board meeting will be quite the scene. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when it happens. 

When problems come to the forefront like they have, DCI is usually good about dealing with it. 

It's a pretty progressive activity. And no I don't necessarily mean that in the political sense. 

3 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Honestly I'd rather the problems be fixed in the back room without everyone knowing about it. 

So does everyone else. There is no evidence yet or the thread would not be 48 pages, lets hope that changes. Public floggings is not the way yo go and don't accomplish much as evidenced here.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Statistically

I'm not making anything up?

A couple of things from the guidelines, in case people aren't familiar:

Members shall not post --

--any reference to material considered political or religious in nature

--off-topic posts in a thread. (if you want to talk about something else, start a new thread.)

Just now, skevinp said:

A couple of things from the guidelines, in case people aren't familiar:

Members shall not post --

--any reference to material considered political or religious in nature

--off-topic posts in a thread. (if you want to talk about something else, start a new thread.)

Number 2 happens constantly.  Everywhere on here. 

It’s how people talk.  You start a conversation about one thing and it always veers off in a different direction. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Confused isn't Reddit the reason for this thread. Maybe if we all opened our minds and stopped reacting to hot buttons in ones posts. In other words stop hammering each other every chance we get. Maybe, just maybe the MMs would feel comfortable with posting their grievances here?

Understand some corps don’t allow members to post or even read dcp. And doubt if the corps know who is posting on reddit or stuff would really hit the fan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Understand some corps don’t allow members to post or even read dcp. And doubt if the corps know who is posting on reddit or stuff would really hit the fan.

Well thank god for Reddit then, although it's a jungle filled with bots, macros and other pit falls that we make our MMs navigate we should be ashamed of ourselves. 

Maybe public flogging is the way to go. It seems to work. Sometimes it would be deserved and sometimes not. But every corps should be worried about their public relations. 

This stuff going on at Pioneer sounds like it should be public flogging. When you have a director who is purposefully being a you know what and unashamed of it. Public flogging worked with a certain corps in the Northeast when it was deserved.