DO NOT PLAY LIST.

Maybe they just don't like electronics? :blink:

Edited by ouooga

Yeah....Maslanka is a serious no-no. I was on the premier recording of "A Child's Garden Of Dreams" with the UMass Wind Ensemble back in 88-89. I got to meet the cat....really eccentric. Lives up in a cabin in Montana.

Cavaliers did a snippet of his stuff in either 89 or 90...you hear a bit of it as an intro to a tune...just enough to not get nailed! :)

Child's Garden would be insane outside, especially the movement where the dreamer is being chased by a whole horde of animals...then eventually eats her!

BTW, Jim Ancona was on that session with me...played a lot of keyboards on that chart.

Johan De Meij

Heard it straight from the horses mouth. He said he lent his music before to a corps, but "never again"

Shame.

Really? I thought he even worked with the Cadets (or at least went to rehearsal and a show or two) during finals week that year. If you can get past the cheesy taxi parts, it's a really really well done show.

Oh well, I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Who says no to a youth organization that encourages music education?? That's just insane.

Some people don't want to hear another interpretation or re-arrangement of their work.

In Williams case, I think there's an "officially" approved arrangement of some of his stuff through Warner Brothers (at least there was a few years ago).

Of course, given the fact that I would have never purchased the originals of everything from the "City Of Angels" cast recording to Don Sebesky's "Bird and Bela in Bb" without drum corps, you'd think more composers would be receptive to it. :blink:

I don't know if all of Orff's music is in the public domain now, but at least Carmina Burana is. His estate no longer has a say, although they have long been at the forefront of attempts to push the length of time a work stays out of the public domain back farther and farther; thankfully they lost out the last time, 80 years past the death of the composer is ridiculous enough.

.. Don Sebesky's "Bird and Bela in Bb" without drum corps, you'd think more composers would be receptive to it. :blink:

No Kidding, after hearing BD 91, I went out bought Don Sebesky's stuff