DO NOT PLAY LIST.

Led Zepp is a definite no no

When was this? Scouts played one of his songs in '07.

As well as Cascades in '05.

As did the Raiders in '00, who also played Metallica in '99 and and did a whole show on Queen in '94. I'm sure Led Zeppelin's expensive and difficult to arrange, but they're certainly not banned!

QUICK NOTE: I just wanted to add that creating this multi-quote was a very tedious process, and someone on the tech team should fool around with the board settings and develop an easier way to do it. Just a suggestion from the common user.

Edited by MetalTones2012

QUICK NOTE: I just wanted to add that creating this multi-quote was a very tedious process, and someone on the tech team should fool around with the board settings and develop an easier way to do it. Just a suggestion from the common user.

If you hit the "quote" button by each post you want to quote before hitting reply, it brings them all across at once (useful for amplification and electronics point-by-point debating). :blink:

John Tesh has not allowed others to use his work. Like he has anything to protect!!! :blink:

Looking at CorpsReps, I see Colts (91-93), Lone Star (98), Jubal (02), Mon Valley Express (04-05), and Grennies (06).....12 seperate compositions listed.

Arrogant composers who really don't care about anything else except how they want their music to be heard.

Whatever their motivation is, I believe they should be respected for however they see fit to make their music public.

There's lots of other music out there to choose.

If any corps wants to play my music, they've got it!

michaelboo.com

• Like 2

Arrogant composers who really don't care about anything else except how they want their music to be heard.

No, creators of Intellectual Property who understand that in order to retain their rights to the IP they create, they have to protect them.

Wake up, kids. It's not showfriends, it's showbusiness. Unless you relentlessly protect your Intellectual Property rights and make examples of those who willfully violate them, you might as well be working for nothing. Nothing doesn't pay the bills.

• Like 1

I don't know if all of Orff's music is in the public domain now, but at least Carmina Burana is. His estate no longer has a say, although they have long been at the forefront of attempts to push the length of time a work stays out of the public domain back farther and farther; thankfully they lost out the last time, 80 years past the death of the composer is ridiculous enough.

Carmina Burana was written in 1937, but Carl Orff died on March 29th, 1982.

I believe that the copyright for individuals, is life of the author plus 70 years,

meaning that this work will be under copyright for many, many years.