Fran

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was there before Fran started announcing

:whip: I was there when Fran was doing our (Sunrisers) write-ups... :whip:

(still have a copy :whip: )

I was there at the Barnum Festival in 1980 when in the Rain George Parks threw his mace high in the air, slipped and fell on his butt only to jump up and have the nerve to catch the #### thing behind his back.

I was there at the Barnum Festival in 1980 when in the Rain George Parks threw his mace high in the air, slipped and fell on his butt only to jump up and have the nerve to catch the #### thing behind his back.

man that must have been some sight. he was great.

man that must have been some sight. he was great.

I couldn't believe it when he did his sky-high toss in the 4 count halt in "Procession of Bacchus" during his last show at 87 Prelims/Finals....HUGE air and a solid catch on the first beat of the push....and in the rain.

Crappy conditions, but a spectacular way to close his career!

88 DCA 89 DCA Bush/ Sun!!!

I was the person to have to tell the Corps we had a tie, two years in a row. I managed to leave the stadium both nights before the scores were announced.

2 great Corps who had their own strenghtens. It's not mentioed much but the late 90ies were a great time for Drum Corps and DCA. Maybe not as many Corps, we had just started to take a look at what we could do for Class "A", but the talent levels were something else.

I was there too!

i was there in 87 when he broke his wrist in Hagerstown

I couldn't believe it when he did his sky-high toss in the 4 count halt in "Procession of Bacchus" during his last show at 87 Prelims/Finals....HUGE air and a solid catch on the first beat of the push....and in the rain.

Crappy conditions, but a spectacular way to close his career!

and one handed

and one handed

Really? I never knew that...my only real clear memory is from the video...and it was a high camera shot when that moment came up.

'Course, he was using a mace, and you usually don't catch those two-handed like you might a rifle...at least I never did, and never saw any two-handed catches when I competed in DM competitions in high school...the thing might snap if you two-hand it and stop it all of a sudden.

Sadly, since I seem to have misplaced that video, I can no longer see it :tongue:

Edited by 84BDsop