Asa Barnes - American Idol

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I really know anything as I don't watch these shows and only hear things by word-of-mouth, but it was a fairly big deal earlier this schoolyear when one of our flutist's brothers -- an alum of our high school and a former cymbalist for the Colts [don't know if he did anything else in DCI, he had like 3 more years] -- was in the group "Cadence" on "America's Got Talent." Made it fairly far, too.

On tonight's American Idol, a junior high band teacher from Kansas City auditioned. He was profiled on the show doing some drumming. Anyone know if he's corps alum?

On a related note, any corps alum ever get very far on AI?

That's funny. I saw 2 minutes of AI tonight and it happened to be that clip. It was 2 seconds of him drumming on his legs and I had exactly the same thought.

You guys do realize not every band director is from a drum corps, right?

It also showed him conducting a marching band....is there such a thing as middle school marching band doing a field show?

Yes, I've seen some middle school bands do field shows, now whether they go to competition is another question.

That's funny. I saw 2 minutes of AI tonight and it happened to be that clip. It was 2 seconds of him drumming on his legs and I had exactly the same thought.

I dunno... did you actually look at his left hand?!? :tongue:

:music:

It also showed him conducting a marching band....is there such a thing as middle school marching band doing a field show?

Absolutley! From 1971-1974 I was in the Douglas County Middle School Honor Band. It was a county wide band and your band director for your school recommended you for it. It was just us Middle Schoolers and we had a field show and we marched parades and then a concert season. It was great! Also my good friend was band director at a high school here and recently took over a middle school band program here instead and has plans for a full field show next year.

Edited by Perry S